I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

The day after 👍.

User
Posted 13 Nov 2019 at 11:16

Well it is over, or that should be the serious bit at least. Just had a robotic prostatectomy yesterday afternoon here at Stepping Hill, Stockport.

I must have gone out like a light. Waking back up in the ward. No pain, just a bit of bruising around the abdomen. Not bothering with any pain killers. Meanwhile, got out of bed to sit up so the catheter drains downwards into the bag. Feels like stomach cramp which I can live with.

I do feel like I need a No. 1 but, just wind for now.

Should be back home this evening.

Five stars to the surgeon for a job well done.

User
Posted 13 Nov 2019 at 20:07
I was told to eat apples complete with skin. Did the job for me. Good luck !

Gary

User
Posted 22 Nov 2019 at 20:15
Day 10 post op and the catheter and clips were taken out. Feeling good, I had no pain at all bar the initial stiffness from surgery. I am assuming all went well and look forward to getting the pathology report from my January meeting with the urology consultant.

Peeing went better than expected albeit a bit sore at the last dribble. Now on the pads for a while until bladder control fares better.

Thank you NHS, you get my vote in December 👍🏻.

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 13 Nov 2019 at 14:50

Drink loads.

Eat prunes......lots of roughage.

Most folks have a long wait before their first poo after your innards have been put to sleep.

You do not want a hard first poo......trust me.

Ian.

User
Posted 13 Nov 2019 at 14:56

Anybody have other suggestions besides prunes 🤢?

User
Posted 13 Nov 2019 at 15:45

Bandage

Use laxatives but don't over do it, the last thing you want is the runs. Keep mobile,  keep hydrated. 

Thanks Chris.

User
Posted 13 Nov 2019 at 20:07
I was told to eat apples complete with skin. Did the job for me. Good luck !

Gary

User
Posted 22 Nov 2019 at 20:15
Day 10 post op and the catheter and clips were taken out. Feeling good, I had no pain at all bar the initial stiffness from surgery. I am assuming all went well and look forward to getting the pathology report from my January meeting with the urology consultant.

Peeing went better than expected albeit a bit sore at the last dribble. Now on the pads for a while until bladder control fares better.

Thank you NHS, you get my vote in December 👍🏻.

User
Posted 24 Nov 2019 at 17:05

Bran. 

Fibre rich food.

User
Posted 24 Nov 2019 at 17:09

2 litres of water.