Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Help please ?

User
Posted 20 Nov 2019 at 18:58

Hi

can you please give me your thoughts about my current situation ( please read my bio).

i am in a terrible state worrying about my current health , fearing I may have advanced PCa because of all the symptoms I have .

i have just been prescribed lexipro antidepressant to aid my anxiety because of it.

your thoughts and views would be very much appreciated 

thank you

User
Posted 20 Nov 2019 at 22:16
Denis it’s easy to fall into the trap that you think every twinge and ache is due to cancer, been there on more than one occasion.

Looking at your bio the tests so far certainly don’t indicate advanced PCa.

Why don’t you phone the PCUK nurses tomorrow and share your results so far. I’m sure they will put your mind at rest

Bri

User
Posted 21 Nov 2019 at 10:12
Thank you Kevin for reading and replying to my situation. Alas my symptoms are all real and not a figment of my imagination!

The fact that my urologist is now suggesting a template biopsy is now concerning me and he must obviously be suspicious of cancer for doing so.

I have only met urologist on 3 occasions and unfortunately I was in such a state that I never got to ask him any reasonable questions. When he diagnosed Prostatitis on my 2nd visit, I was elated and happy that it wasn’t cancer.

Does any one have any similarities to my PSA history of recordings and symptoms? It appears to me that they are very high for my age.

Has anyone had a mri report like the one I got?

Any insights would be most welcome , thank you!

User
Posted 21 Nov 2019 at 19:35
Your PSA is hovering around the upper end of normal for your age, with occasional spikes which would be entirely in line with attacks of prostatitis. Your MRI report indicates no sign of cancer but some benign enlargement. There are indicators of prostatitis.

Pain in the penis or testicles is not a known indicator of prostate cancer. Back pain is common with UTIs and failure to empty the bladder properly.

It is sensible to have a biopsy just to be sure but on the data so far, it seems you are quite healthy.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 22 Nov 2019 at 19:26
Thank you for your excellent analysis, Lyn.

I met my urologist again this morning and he has decided against biopsy because my last psa result decreased. He says my psa fluctuating scores are systematic of prostatitis. My mri was actually done on a mpmri scanner but the radiologist does not grade the result unless it is a 4 or 5.

And he is happy to monitor things and see me in 6 months with latest psa results. Of course I am well happy, although my uroflow test was very weak and i was

Prescribed Vesomni today.

Thank you all