I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

countdown to surgery

User
Posted 27 Nov 2019 at 12:20

Now less than a week to go before my robotic surgery, my feelings are all over the place. At times I am feeling very confident as I have read lots of positive comments on robotic surgery on this site and other positive info elsewhere, and I have spoken to several people who are variously 9 months, 4 years, and 9 years post-surgery, all of whom are doing very well. At other times I'm bit scared because *they're going to cut my prostate out with a robot*, and what that will mean for me afterwards

In my calmer moments I do think this is the best route for me as I have a high Gleason score (4+5) and I know the aim is to try and get rid of the cancer in one go, if all goes to plan, and I'm also happy that the hospital and team treating me are very good.

So wish me luck, or bon voyage, or bon chance? I'll post again next week after the op.

User
Posted 27 Nov 2019 at 13:07
I’ll wish you bonnet de douche, and hope everything goes well for you.

Best of luck.

Cheers, John.

User
Posted 27 Nov 2019 at 13:56

Stay positive, you may be surprised by what inner strength you have in the next days and weeks ahead.

Good luck David!

User
Posted 27 Nov 2019 at 14:07

Good luck - will be with the robots at the same time - focussing on the longterm outcome myself😬

User
Posted 27 Nov 2019 at 16:22

Good luck with the operation and recovery. As has already been said you will be surprised at the inner strength you will find to deal with this.

Ido4

User
Posted 27 Nov 2019 at 21:56
All the very best of luck from me too.
User
Posted 27 Nov 2019 at 22:48

I wish you a good outcome. I was the same but chilled in the last week. It’s really nothing to be concerned about. Even the epidural used in my case wasn’t as bad as I envisioned. The post surgery bloating a bit uncomfortable so looking forward to getting mobile again.

wounds a bit itchy but other than that all good :-)

User
Posted 03 Dec 2019 at 00:10

I was in a similar position this time last year. Now doing well with an undetectable PSA.
Best of luck

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 27 Nov 2019 at 13:07
I’ll wish you bonnet de douche, and hope everything goes well for you.

Best of luck.

Cheers, John.

User
Posted 27 Nov 2019 at 13:56

Stay positive, you may be surprised by what inner strength you have in the next days and weeks ahead.

Good luck David!

User
Posted 27 Nov 2019 at 14:07

Good luck - will be with the robots at the same time - focussing on the longterm outcome myself😬

User
Posted 27 Nov 2019 at 16:22

Good luck with the operation and recovery. As has already been said you will be surprised at the inner strength you will find to deal with this.

Ido4

User
Posted 27 Nov 2019 at 21:56
All the very best of luck from me too.
User
Posted 27 Nov 2019 at 22:48

I wish you a good outcome. I was the same but chilled in the last week. It’s really nothing to be concerned about. Even the epidural used in my case wasn’t as bad as I envisioned. The post surgery bloating a bit uncomfortable so looking forward to getting mobile again.

wounds a bit itchy but other than that all good :-)

User
Posted 02 Dec 2019 at 19:32

Hi David

i had robotic surgery just over 5 weeks ago and all is going very well, have a read of my posts I go to see my surgeon on the 17th Dec for my results. But all has gone well water works are working well and sex is very good.

Dave

User
Posted 02 Dec 2019 at 20:36

Sex is very good at 5 weeks post robotic surgery ?? !! You are the luckiest man on the planet lol and quite a miracle. This is very very rare so your surgeon deserves a medal tbh

Edited by member 02 Dec 2019 at 20:36  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 02 Dec 2019 at 22:13

Hi Chris 

was very surprised myself from what I have been reading I got erections within the first week, such a big relief I know my surgeon did the nerve sparing all my cancer was in my right prostate 50% so he was able to save all my nerves to the left not sure yet how much to my right.

dave 

User
Posted 03 Dec 2019 at 00:10

I was in a similar position this time last year. Now doing well with an undetectable PSA.
Best of luck

User
Posted 03 Dec 2019 at 08:44

Fingers crossed on the ED front. I noticed a tingling Saturday morning and had a semi this morning. Had to think of England  to stop it as hurt like hell with catheter in but here’s hoping eh. Hope it’s a shape of things to come but too early to call in my view.

User
Posted 03 Dec 2019 at 17:36

Hi that’s how it started with me finger crossed