I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Prostate cancer sunday supplement

User
Posted 01 Dec 2019 at 16:59

There was a really interesting pull out in our Sunday paper this morning, devoted to men's health. Articles about new treatments for BPE / BPH, a reasoned article on when AS is appropriate and improvements to RT are all there, with interviews from consultants that many of us know well. 

The article outlined the new NICE guidelines on AS, which I had missed:

- 4 monthly DRE

- 4 monthly PSA test

- annual mpMRI followed by repeat biopsy (type of biopsy not specified) 

Edited by member 02 Dec 2019 at 00:18  | Reason: Not specified

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 01 Dec 2019 at 16:59

There was a really interesting pull out in our Sunday paper this morning, devoted to men's health. Articles about new treatments for BPE / BPH, a reasoned article on when AS is appropriate and improvements to RT are all there, with interviews from consultants that many of us know well. 

The article outlined the new NICE guidelines on AS, which I had missed:

- 4 monthly DRE

- 4 monthly PSA test

- annual mpMRI followed by repeat biopsy (type of biopsy not specified) 

Edited by member 02 Dec 2019 at 00:18  | Reason: Not specified

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 02 Dec 2019 at 10:02
I guess it means a repeat biopsy if anything untoward found on the repeat MRI scan. It wasn’t quite clear on the original post.

Cheers, John.

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 02 Dec 2019 at 01:22
Which newspaper was that in, Matron?

“Annual......repeat biopsy” of whatever persuasion seems rather over the top. Likely to cause more trouble than it’s worth.

Why don’t they go for that urine test, supposed to be nearly as accurate as a biopsy?

Cheers, John.

User
Posted 02 Dec 2019 at 10:02
I guess it means a repeat biopsy if anything untoward found on the repeat MRI scan. It wasn’t quite clear on the original post.

Cheers, John.