I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

H.T

User
Posted 05 Dec 2019 at 19:09

I have had three 12 week injections of Zoladex and as you know you get side affects ,how do you cope with the hot flushes,and i also get lack of energy,i do strength exercises 3 times a week & cardio exercises on a daily basis.

I have bought a fan that i put round my neck to try and ease the flushes of which helps a little,but can't use at night.

So with flushes and going to the loo 4or5 times a night a don't get a lot of sleep.

richard

User
Posted 05 Dec 2019 at 20:00

my wife advised me to wipe my face neck,and arms with a cold flannel when I had a hot flush and go to the toilet at the same time, hope this helps you also rikky

User
Posted 05 Dec 2019 at 20:32
Try sage tablets from a health food shop or most big supermarkets

Make sure your bedding and night clothes are cotton or linen rather than polyester cotton

Try to relax through it; tensing up or getting flustered makes it worse

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 05 Dec 2019 at 22:09

Many men find acupuncture works well to significantly reduce hot flushes.

Some hospital Macmillan cancer centres will offer this, and in some places you can get up to 4 sessions on the NHS.

There are drugs to reduce the effect too such as medroxyprogesterone (better known as one type of The Pill), but these all have side effects too, and you should probably only go this route if the hot flushes are a significant problem, and you've tried all the other workarounds first. Also, medroxyprogesterone is currently in very short supply, and you'd be lucky to find any, but there are a couple of second line drugs too.

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 05 Dec 2019 at 20:00

my wife advised me to wipe my face neck,and arms with a cold flannel when I had a hot flush and go to the toilet at the same time, hope this helps you also rikky

User
Posted 05 Dec 2019 at 20:32
Try sage tablets from a health food shop or most big supermarkets

Make sure your bedding and night clothes are cotton or linen rather than polyester cotton

Try to relax through it; tensing up or getting flustered makes it worse

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 05 Dec 2019 at 22:09

Many men find acupuncture works well to significantly reduce hot flushes.

Some hospital Macmillan cancer centres will offer this, and in some places you can get up to 4 sessions on the NHS.

There are drugs to reduce the effect too such as medroxyprogesterone (better known as one type of The Pill), but these all have side effects too, and you should probably only go this route if the hot flushes are a significant problem, and you've tried all the other workarounds first. Also, medroxyprogesterone is currently in very short supply, and you'd be lucky to find any, but there are a couple of second line drugs too.