I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Small prostate and low PSA

User
Posted 11 Dec 2019 at 13:27

I have had a rectal examination and my prostate is small for my age with nothing unusual. My PSA is 2.4 and I’m 72. I’ve been told by an experienced urologist that there is no possibility of cancer. But I have pain in the hip and spine and this causes me to think that something is amiss. I would welcome advice. Anxious 

User
Posted 12 Dec 2019 at 08:57

Hi Rennie,

I notice that you have made several different posts. With a PSA of 2.4 and all the other advice I would be delighted. I do have metastatic PCa as I said in my other post. I am a similar age to you - I have pain everywhere but none of it is caused by cancer, it’s old age (and in my case some of it is caused by the cancer treatment). It’s good to be aware of any changes in your body but when cancer has been ruled out (although no possibility seems overly optimistic) don’t wish it on yourself.

Dave

Edited by member 12 Dec 2019 at 17:40  | Reason: Added text and typo

User
Posted 12 Dec 2019 at 10:16

I had a huge pain in my hip that came on during diagnosis and it spread to my lower back.  For months I thought the worse even though doctors repeatedly said it was nothing to do with cancer and my GP said it was arthritis.  Eventually I agreed it was arthritis and it has declined just limited to a small area in my right hip.

That's not to say it's impossible but you're probably more likely to have a heart attack while reading this.

User
Posted 13 Dec 2019 at 11:13

Hi 

I had PSA 2.19 in 2016 age 70, my doctor had picked up microscopic blood in urine after private medical for renewal of my 7.5 ton licence  and sent me for further test that picked up cancer.

I had brachytherapy in September 2016.Maybe have more tests to be sure.

Regards John.