Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Bumps and Glitches

User
Posted 14 Dec 2019 at 19:15

Luis

My normal reply to a zero answer post is "Can't help with your questions, but just bumping you back up the posts, new posts sometimes get "lost"."

With your post I copied Lyn's shortened answer "bump" 

Moderators / programmers.

Once I have logged in, I go to recent conversations, leave the default " since last visit" in the drop down box. As with the new conversation from Luis it was not visible and was not visible on my previous visit.   I frequently go to the " Last day or last week" option to pick up new conversations that get "lost" while awaiting moderation. It is obviously down to the time stamp on the new conversation being used rather than the time the moderators release the new conversation. 

Another glitch in the system is also related to previous conversations. Go into recent conversations and select  "last month" it will show a list of recent conversations going back a few days and below are a few black boxes with 1 and 2 etc in the boxes, these presumably should be additional pages. When selected the screen is refreshed but it still only shows conversations as before, i.e. it only shows the same last few days conversations.  This happens with an Android phone and a win 7 PC.

The search for members also has an issue, if the number of posts is left at 0 and the option " is more or equal"  it will  not find a member even if a full name is in entered in the "member name contains" box.    I assume 1 post is more than 0. If the number of posts is changed to 1 it will then find the searched for member. 

When trying to post some of the content above I got an access denied message and lost the post.

Despite the glitches this is still a great site.

Thanks Chris 1915

Edited by member 14 Sep 2022 at 22:57  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 14 Sep 2022 at 21:52
Only once - the moderators sent me a message to tell me why they disagreed with me and would let the post stand.

Apart from that, the reason I believe they have received my report is that I see the post amended or deleted - or in a couple of cases, the member disappears - very quickly after I put the report in.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 06 Feb 2023 at 17:06
Same on my phone CC - it won't shift along to pp2 or 3
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 03 May 2023 at 10:23

Hi folks there seems to be a number of dubious posts or replies appearing in the last few days. I have reported a number of them and I am sure Carole and her team are looking out for them.

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 21 Feb 2024 at 12:02

Is anyone one else finding the site has been going slow in the last few days. I access the site with an android phone. All other sites are working fine ,done a restart and enabled cookies..

Thanks Chris 

The edit to this post took over a minute to update.

Edited by member 21 Feb 2024 at 12:06  | Reason: Not specified

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 14 Sep 2022 at 19:17

Hi guys, does anyone else get "page not found" when reporting a post. 

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 14 Sep 2022 at 20:16

I had it a couple of days ago. I shortened the reason field and posted again and it worked.

Dave

User
Posted 14 Sep 2022 at 20:39

Dave , thanks for that , I reduced the explanation for the report to one word and it worked, but I don't think the moderators will understand the reason for the report.

Thanks Chris.

User
Posted 14 Sep 2022 at 21:18
I ignore the 'page not found' message as I know from experience that the moderators still receive the report

User
Posted 14 Sep 2022 at 21:35

Lyn, do you ever get an acknowledgment from the moderation team to say they have got the report. I know if a reported post is removed it is obvious someone's report got through.

Carol has looked at my issue on a couple of occasions but never managed to replicate the problem.

Thanks Chris 

Edited by member 14 Sep 2022 at 22:57  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 14 Sep 2022 at 21:52
Only once - the moderators sent me a message to tell me why they disagreed with me and would let the post stand.

Apart from that, the reason I believe they have received my report is that I see the post amended or deleted - or in a couple of cases, the member disappears - very quickly after I put the report in.

User
Posted 15 Sep 2022 at 01:26
Unfortunately, this forum has not been bug free since it was introduced years ago to replace the former format which a number of we long standing members preferred. The member search facility is another example, names are only partially in alphabetical order.
Barry
User
Posted 06 Feb 2023 at 10:29

I was looking for a post made by a research team about 28 days ago, when I select recent conversations from the last month, I get an indication that there are 3 pages. When I select page 2 or 3 page one gets refreshed on the android platform and "welcome back to the site" on a windows PC. is anyone else having the same issues.

Thanks Chris

I have now reported it to Carole to who will get it looked at. 

Thanks Chris 

Edited by member 06 Feb 2023 at 18:58  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 06 Feb 2023 at 17:06
Same on my phone CC - it won't shift along to pp2 or 3

User
Posted 03 May 2023 at 10:23

Hi folks there seems to be a number of dubious posts or replies appearing in the last few days. I have reported a number of them and I am sure Carole and her team are looking out for them.

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 21 Feb 2024 at 12:02

Is anyone one else finding the site has been going slow in the last few days. I access the site with an android phone. All other sites are working fine ,done a restart and enabled cookies..

Thanks Chris 

The edit to this post took over a minute to update.

Edited by member 21 Feb 2024 at 12:06  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 21 Feb 2024 at 12:39

Morning Chris,

I've noticed the site recently seems to  occasionally slow down to snail's pace both on my PC and android phone. 

I thought they were just trying to get rid of me.

Whilst we on about site posting, can anyone tell me if its possible to double quote on a post, if so how? Also can you quote on one thread a quote from another, if so how? Please explain in baby talk because I'm hopeless at computer stuff.

I don't think I've got the hang of the link thingy.

Edited by member 21 Feb 2024 at 12:47  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 21 Feb 2024 at 19:15

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

Morning Chris,

I've noticed the site recently seems to  occasionally slow down to snail's pace both on my PC and android phone. 

I thought they were just trying to get rid of me.

Whilst we on about site posting, can anyone tell me if its possible to double quote on a post, if so how? Also can you quote on one thread a quote from another, if so how? Please explain in baby talk because I'm hopeless at computer stuff.

I don't think I've got the hang of the link thingy.

You can put a link to another conversation into a different conversation. 

Couple of ways of doing, it is not easy to explain.

On my android I can see multiple conversations at the same time. 

Not sure what you mean by double quote.

One word of advice,when writing a long post, keep copying it as you write it. Or write it in another program then copy and paste. I have seen numerous comments about losing long posts.

Edited by member 21 Feb 2024 at 19:17  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 21 Feb 2024 at 19:19

Cheers mate.

By double quoting I mean can you quote two or more quotes in a post?

I've noticed today that at times the site has been very slow. I should get out more and spend less time on here. 😁

Edited by member 21 Feb 2024 at 19:22  | Reason: Additional text