I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Happy Christmas to everybody.

User
Posted 16 Dec 2019 at 08:36

I would like to wish all members a happy Christmas and time to spend with those you love.

Nine years ago we learned that my oh had prostate cancer on Christmas Eve. It was devastating at the time and the words " Go home and enjoy your Christmas" were lost in the midst of confusion and apprehension. Well the pc journey goes on and we hope we are going to have another good Christmas this year.

My oh is currently on chemotherapy after having initial ht then radiotherapy and one or two spells of no treatment then back on ht, nearly 2 good years on zoladex and arberatitone and now zoladex and chemo. So this year it is an alcohol free time keeping away from coughs and bugs😐

I admire the way he is coping and we try to live life normally  but I struggle so sometimes when I see him going through all the treatments.

Anyway my message is, don't despair when you get a diagnosis. You can have many years of good times and fun and it is not the end of the world. You adapt and get on with it.

Have a good time everyone.

Edited by member 16 Dec 2019 at 18:58  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 17 Dec 2019 at 15:42

Wishing you and yours all the best,Have a Happy Christmas and New Year and lets hope you have a better 2020.

John.