I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Stampede trial ending after 5 years!

User
Posted 17 Dec 2019 at 21:34

My dad was diagnosed with advanced prostate cancer (spread to bones) 5 years in April. In June he will have been on a stampede trial for 5 years, he takes abbi and enzo along with the hormone injections. This has worked well for him, his bloods are always fine he takes no pain  relief and has had 2 sessions of radiotherapy for some back pain. He has some slightly off days but in the whole he’s ok (as you can be). So today when they had their normal hospital appointment the trial nurse said because it will be 5 years that he started it next year, it will be stopped. Although another doctor? Had said a while ago he would be on it for life. So they are obviously very confused about this. As for my dad it’s working well. I just wondered if anyone else had been on a trial for this long and it was stopped. 

User
Posted 18 Dec 2019 at 13:18

I think depending on spread of cancer depends on how long the trial is offered , we have a member on here Healey who was offered wether he wanted to come off trial but decided to stay on due to the fantastic results , maybe look up his profile on here. 

Best wishes 

Debby xx

User
Posted 23 Dec 2019 at 10:21

Hi Anna
I will have been on Stampede J with enzalutamide plus HT for 5 years in January 2020.
I was diagnosed in December 2014 with a psa of 235.
I've had no other treatment and my current psa is .07. Apart from the usual side effects I'm doing ok.
I asked my Onco how long do I carry on with the enzalutamide and she replied for life so you should definitely question your nurses decision.

I wish your Dad a long life and keep in touch

Paul

Edited by member 23 Dec 2019 at 10:22  | Reason: Not specified

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 18 Dec 2019 at 07:10
Hi Anna74 my husband is also on stampede arm j ,he has been on it for 3 1/2 years and has also been told that his will be for life .

Gary’s PSA was 23 at start with Gleason 4/5 and micro spread to lymph nodes .

He had early chemo before the trial which bought his PSA down to 0.01 undetectable and it has stayed there ever since .

Let’s hope that they can stay on it for longer as the results have been fantastic,Gary still works full time in the marine construction industry, just at a slower pace . Fatigue is the main side effect as is weight gain.

Keep us informed on any new info you get ,not sure when the data will be processed.

Best wishes .

Debby

User
Posted 18 Dec 2019 at 09:46

Hi Debby I’m hoping this is the case and the trial nurse has it wrong. As I’m baffled as to why you would take someone of a treatment if it’s working well. My dads psa was 1300 at the start. I don’t know any other figures as mum and dad never ask anything, which is very frustrating. I guess we will find out it june. Will keep this thread updated. 

all the best 

Anna 

Edited by member 18 Dec 2019 at 19:14  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 18 Dec 2019 at 13:18

I think depending on spread of cancer depends on how long the trial is offered , we have a member on here Healey who was offered wether he wanted to come off trial but decided to stay on due to the fantastic results , maybe look up his profile on here. 

Best wishes 

Debby xx

User
Posted 23 Dec 2019 at 10:21

Hi Anna
I will have been on Stampede J with enzalutamide plus HT for 5 years in January 2020.
I was diagnosed in December 2014 with a psa of 235.
I've had no other treatment and my current psa is .07. Apart from the usual side effects I'm doing ok.
I asked my Onco how long do I carry on with the enzalutamide and she replied for life so you should definitely question your nurses decision.

I wish your Dad a long life and keep in touch

Paul

Edited by member 23 Dec 2019 at 10:22  | Reason: Not specified