Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Leaking around catheter

User
Posted 28 Dec 2019 at 14:42

Hello everyone,

First I must thank all those that have posted their own experience and questions before me. I have found them very helpful and informative.

I had my RARP on 18th December and currently have my appointment for TWOC on Tuesday 31st December. I have noticed today I have some leakage around the catheter tube, it is a very small amount and tends only to happen when I get up from the toilet. Is this an issue I should be dealing with or just another one of the things that can happen? As it’s such a small amount I’m not overly concerned but it would be comforting to hear it’s normal and I don’t need to be seeing someone about it.

Hopefully looking forward to hearing similar stories and having nothing to worry about.

thanks, Ian

User
Posted 28 Dec 2019 at 22:28

Hello Ian.

Amongst the numerous interesting ‘experiences’ that awaits anyone undergoing RP surgery I believe that this is fairly common and is certainly something I experienced myself as the TWOC appointment date approached when sat on the loo. I felt it was like I was beginning to try and take back the control of my bladder function myself rather than just let it drain into the bag so I wouldn’t worry...keep yourself clean and in a few days you’ll be rid of the catheter. There will then be different ‘experiences’ but for me the TWOC was a significant milestone on the road to recovery. Fingers crossed that it goes well.

Andy.

User
Posted 28 Dec 2019 at 22:58

Ian

Commonly known as by passing.  Very common particularly when passing a motion, it can be slightly uncomfortable.  No need to worry, unless you are passing great lumps of blood and clots out at the end of the penis.

As regards your twoc make sure you are hydrated the day before and on the day, then follow the instructions of your nurse. Stay relaxed and you will be fine.

Make sure you have some pads and take a towel and seat cover for the journey home in case of an accident. 

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 29 Dec 2019 at 10:44

Thanks Andy, thanks Chris good to know it’s normal. 

Andrew I suspected a possible partial blockage I’m well on to of the liquid in take and can’t wait to get the dam thing out now.

Edited by member 29 Dec 2019 at 10:46  | Reason: Not specified