I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Wed 15th Jan 2020 - Chorleywood and Mount Vernon.

User
Posted 06 Jan 2020 at 08:45

I've lined up 3 patient events which might be of interest to some of you, all on Wednesday 15th January and nearby each other, to make them easier to attend.

11am-1pm
Mount Vernon Prostate Cancer Support Group,
Postgraduate Centre, Mount Vernon Hospital, Northwood HA6 2RN.
This is a small group which chats about treatments and side effects over tea/coffee/biscuits, mainly patients of Mount Vernon (all types of Radiotherapy and hormone therapy), but other patients are welcome too.

2pm-4pm
Surviving Hormone Therapy (ADT) for Prostate Cancer Patients,
Lecture Theatre, Michael Sobell Hospice, Mount Vernon Hospital, Northwood HA6 2RN.
This is a repeat of a group session I ran in July at Mount Vernon, for patients to learn about dealing with HT side effects, and to share experiences.
Please register for this Hormone Therapy event by sending me PM or alternatively, please call the Lynda Jackson Macmillan Centre at Mount Vernon Hospital on 020 3826 2555.

7:30pm-9pm
The FOPS Prostate Cancer Support Group
Christ Church, Rickmansworth Road, Chorleywood WD3 5SG.
The FOPS is a fantastic support group that meets on alternate months at Chorleywood, very near M25 J18. It is for men at any stage of diagnosis and treatment, and their partners. The group concentrates on medical issues and is lead by our two resident Consultant Urologists, Julian Shah and Alvan Pope. This is an excellent opportunity to learn and ask questions of top urologists, and to learn from fellow patients and make new friends. This is probably the best support group in the country for learning about the medical side of prostate cancer and other urological disorders. Tea, coffee, a glass of wine (or two) are also available. Free parking on site.
http://www.thefops.org.uk
https://www.facebook.com/The-FOPS-Prostate-Cancer-Support-Group-100950298013904/

I'd love to see you at any (or all) of these events.

User
Posted 06 Jan 2020 at 08:45

I've lined up 3 patient events which might be of interest to some of you, all on Wednesday 15th January and nearby each other, to make them easier to attend.

11am-1pm
Mount Vernon Prostate Cancer Support Group,
Postgraduate Centre, Mount Vernon Hospital, Northwood HA6 2RN.
This is a small group which chats about treatments and side effects over tea/coffee/biscuits, mainly patients of Mount Vernon (all types of Radiotherapy and hormone therapy), but other patients are welcome too.

2pm-4pm
Surviving Hormone Therapy (ADT) for Prostate Cancer Patients,
Lecture Theatre, Michael Sobell Hospice, Mount Vernon Hospital, Northwood HA6 2RN.
This is a repeat of a group session I ran in July at Mount Vernon, for patients to learn about dealing with HT side effects, and to share experiences.
Please register for this Hormone Therapy event by sending me PM or alternatively, please call the Lynda Jackson Macmillan Centre at Mount Vernon Hospital on 020 3826 2555.

7:30pm-9pm
The FOPS Prostate Cancer Support Group
Christ Church, Rickmansworth Road, Chorleywood WD3 5SG.
The FOPS is a fantastic support group that meets on alternate months at Chorleywood, very near M25 J18. It is for men at any stage of diagnosis and treatment, and their partners. The group concentrates on medical issues and is lead by our two resident Consultant Urologists, Julian Shah and Alvan Pope. This is an excellent opportunity to learn and ask questions of top urologists, and to learn from fellow patients and make new friends. This is probably the best support group in the country for learning about the medical side of prostate cancer and other urological disorders. Tea, coffee, a glass of wine (or two) are also available. Free parking on site.
http://www.thefops.org.uk
https://www.facebook.com/The-FOPS-Prostate-Cancer-Support-Group-100950298013904/

I'd love to see you at any (or all) of these events.

User
Posted 11 Jan 2020 at 12:12

Just a reminder - these three support events for prostate cancer patients are on Wednesday.

I'd love to see any of you at them.

User
Posted 12 Jan 2020 at 05:28

Andy, having attended the FOPS for the first time towards the end of last year, I’m very much looking forward to Wednesday’s meeting.  I’d certainly recommend it to anyone who lives close enough to get there 

ulsterman

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 11 Jan 2020 at 12:12

Just a reminder - these three support events for prostate cancer patients are on Wednesday.

I'd love to see any of you at them.

User
Posted 11 Jan 2020 at 20:08
Unfortunately, I can't get to the meetings you post but commend you for arranging and hope some of our forum members are able to attend.
Barry
User
Posted 12 Jan 2020 at 05:28

Andy, having attended the FOPS for the first time towards the end of last year, I’m very much looking forward to Wednesday’s meeting.  I’d certainly recommend it to anyone who lives close enough to get there 

ulsterman

User
Posted 15 Jan 2020 at 22:32

Hi Andy,

Just got back home after attending the FOPS meeting in Chorleywood and I have to say that it exceeded my expectations.

Myself and my partner found the session both informative and interesting, the topics discussed were fascinating.

Thanks for organising this event 

Cheers, Kev.

User
Posted 16 Jan 2020 at 00:14

Once again, an excellent meeting.  If you’re within driving distance, put it in your diary!

User
Posted 16 Jan 2020 at 00:43

Thanks Kev. I'm told we had over 40 people, which is probably the largest event we've done. As you might have guessed, the impromptu talk by me and Vimo at the beginning was only sprung on us with about 10 seconds advanced notice, but I think we got the audience well warmed up by talking about hot flushes, moobs, libido, arousal, and erections!

Julian Shah and Alvan Pope excelled themselves, as usual, and we had Victoria Muir again too.

I should add that quite a few people are involved in organising the event, not just me, but thanks.

Ulsterman, good to see you again too.