Like you I did not know how to post a link in my early days on the forum, so should you wish to do so in future, this is the way I was told, although others may have a better method. :-
- Minimize the forum thread you are going to reply to
- Open up the site you want to link to
- left click and draw mouse along the site reference and release when highlighted and release key
- right click on highlighted link reference to bring up box and left click on 'copy' in that box
- go back to the forum reply to you making and right click to bring up box at appropriate point in your reply
- left click on 'paste' and your link will be shown in your reply which you can now submit.
It does make it easier for others if your link is highlighted in green. To do this you click on the green Edit sign on the right of your post which brings back your entire post. You then;-
- go to the the last character of the link you posted and immediately after it press the return key for a new line which highlights the link.
You can now post under 'Save' and your link will appear as before but with your link highlighted in green so others can just click on it to bring it up. Your post will now show it has been edited. I used to be able to highlight by pressing the return key when first posting but this no longer works for me so have to do it now by using the Edit facility as described.
Hope this 'copy and paste' method will help you and anybody else who would like to post a specific link
Edited by member 09 Jan 2020 at 00:21
| Reason: Not specified