I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Booze and incontinence

User
Posted 18 Jan 2020 at 17:58

Will I ever be able to drink and be continent?

Is this element of incontinence the last to recover?

I am nearly 6 months with spotting after 12 noon or so normally with very little improvement in the last couple of months.

Is this the best I am going to be?

Can things improve even after 6 months?

User
Posted 18 Jan 2020 at 20:26
Think of it like driving. When you first learn to drive everything is conscious 'put foot on clutch, press, put hand on gear stick and move it up then right, take foot off clutch and put it back on accelerator'. As you become more practised, you just think 'time to change gear' (sub-conscious) and eventually you change up and down unconsciously. Muscle memory means that you can do the things that at the beginning were really difficult to remember. If you are tired, your driving standard can be compromised by way of reaction times, concentration, etc. Drinking alcohol obviously has a very serious effect on someone's ability to drive safely.

Your brain is having to relearn bladder control and at the minute you are probably at the sub-conscious stage. You don't have to think about it in small steps to be able to do it, but it still requires some conscious effort. When you are tired or have a drink, your concentration level drops.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 18 Jan 2020 at 21:27
I completely p****d myself 2 years after my OP when I got drunk for the first time, this was despite being completely dry without alcahol.

Now 4 years later and I can safely get p****d without getting p****d!!!

I can also safely lift heavy weights, oik bales about etc but sometimes just moving a bit funny will make me think I have leaked but when I check I haven't! Strange.

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 18 Jan 2020 at 19:37
Yes of course it can still improve - generally there isn't much natural progress after 12 months but you are only half way there. If your main problems are in the afternoon or when drinking, you may benefit from some bladder retraining; there doesn't seem to be any mechanical problem.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 18 Jan 2020 at 20:26
Think of it like driving. When you first learn to drive everything is conscious 'put foot on clutch, press, put hand on gear stick and move it up then right, take foot off clutch and put it back on accelerator'. As you become more practised, you just think 'time to change gear' (sub-conscious) and eventually you change up and down unconsciously. Muscle memory means that you can do the things that at the beginning were really difficult to remember. If you are tired, your driving standard can be compromised by way of reaction times, concentration, etc. Drinking alcohol obviously has a very serious effect on someone's ability to drive safely.

Your brain is having to relearn bladder control and at the minute you are probably at the sub-conscious stage. You don't have to think about it in small steps to be able to do it, but it still requires some conscious effort. When you are tired or have a drink, your concentration level drops.

User
Posted 18 Jan 2020 at 21:27
I completely p****d myself 2 years after my OP when I got drunk for the first time, this was despite being completely dry without alcahol.

Now 4 years later and I can safely get p****d without getting p****d!!!

I can also safely lift heavy weights, oik bales about etc but sometimes just moving a bit funny will make me think I have leaked but when I check I haven't! Strange.

User
Posted 18 Jan 2020 at 22:01

Makes sense and thanks Lyn

Thala

User
Posted 18 Jan 2020 at 22:04

Ha ha..

I have some pull up ones which I use exclusively when I drink!

User
Posted 18 Jan 2020 at 22:31

The best solution

https://youtu.be/RGNMeR-BOis

Edited by member 18 Jan 2020 at 22:32  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 18 Jan 2020 at 22:50
🤣

User
Posted 19 Jan 2020 at 01:25

Thala 

Same to a point... Day to day all dry but neck some sauce and it all goes south. Early days and happy where I can but optimistic eh. Tonight I was up and down like a yo-yo hanging with a crowd around 

TG

User
Posted 19 Jan 2020 at 08:10

@Lynn

“Fshhhhhhh!” 😂😂😂😂😂