Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Tomorrow coming rapidly

User
Posted 21 Jan 2020 at 12:01

Hi all, 

Was diagnosed with PC last November. Gleason 7{3+4). T2bnomo/T3bnomo. Biopsies were 7/26 active ranging from 1% to 70% of cores. 

Reason for T3 was because the radiographer was on the fence in my case as looking at mri scan pics its difficult to tell if it has breached into the branch of the left seminal vesicle. Saw the scan just last week and saw what he meant by this. This was when I saw an oncologist to discuss other treatment options as I had already agreed in December to have surgery and was honestly starting to back out of surgery. This was all to no avail as down to problems with prostatitis and other matters she heavily suggested I go ahead with it.

So it's off to Preston royal tomorrow morning for robotic surgery.

Edited by member 21 Jan 2020 at 14:25  | Reason: Spelling

User
Posted 21 Jan 2020 at 13:03

Wishing you all the best for a good recovery and result from your surgery tomorrow Alan.

Ange

User
Posted 21 Jan 2020 at 16:23

Hope all goes well.

i know how you feel the night before. Few soul searching moments myself but rest assured once you are there it’s over pretty rapidly and you will feel much better for it afterwards. Just takes a few weeks for things to settle down but there is light at the end of the tunnel. 

best

TG

User
Posted 21 Jan 2020 at 16:55
I had robotic surgery March 2015 and life is good. Hope all goes well for you tomorrow.

Gary

User
Posted 21 Jan 2020 at 19:21

I had my tonsils removed and found that much more painful than my prostatectomy!  Good luck for tomorrow.

User
Posted 21 Jan 2020 at 20:18

That’s the spirit. By this time tomorrow will be sorted. My TPM biopsy hurt more from the post op bruising.

TG

User
Posted 24 Jan 2020 at 13:33

All done and dusted, whole thing went as the surgeon planned. Was done just after 9 on Wednesday and home for T time on Thursday. 

Bit tender as expected and staples at belly button a bit tight. Funny though have catheter in still have the urge to go for a pee. 

User
Posted 24 Jan 2020 at 14:16

Great news that it all went as planned. My husband has had his second catheter for around 24 hours now and said exactly the same at this point yesterday.

Keep is posted re your recovery.

Best wishes

Clare

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 21 Jan 2020 at 13:03

Wishing you all the best for a good recovery and result from your surgery tomorrow Alan.

Ange

User
Posted 21 Jan 2020 at 16:23

Hope all goes well.

i know how you feel the night before. Few soul searching moments myself but rest assured once you are there it’s over pretty rapidly and you will feel much better for it afterwards. Just takes a few weeks for things to settle down but there is light at the end of the tunnel. 

best

TG

User
Posted 21 Jan 2020 at 16:55
I had robotic surgery March 2015 and life is good. Hope all goes well for you tomorrow.

Gary

User
Posted 21 Jan 2020 at 18:00

Thanks folks, was worried about whole thing but  accepting now that it's needs doing. Just looking forward to getting it over and done with and getting back home.

Between throat surgery I had done to remove enlarged tonsils and biopsies taken, then the prostate biopsies. All of these since October last year I'm hoping this will be the hospital visit for a ing time not to mention all the pain discomfort and recovery time.

User
Posted 21 Jan 2020 at 19:21

I had my tonsils removed and found that much more painful than my prostatectomy!  Good luck for tomorrow.

User
Posted 21 Jan 2020 at 20:18

That’s the spirit. By this time tomorrow will be sorted. My TPM biopsy hurt more from the post op bruising.

TG

User
Posted 24 Jan 2020 at 13:28

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

Agree with that, couldn't believe the pain levels I experienced. 

User
Posted 24 Jan 2020 at 13:33

All done and dusted, whole thing went as the surgeon planned. Was done just after 9 on Wednesday and home for T time on Thursday. 

Bit tender as expected and staples at belly button a bit tight. Funny though have catheter in still have the urge to go for a pee. 

User
Posted 24 Jan 2020 at 14:16

Great news that it all went as planned. My husband has had his second catheter for around 24 hours now and said exactly the same at this point yesterday.

Keep is posted re your recovery.

Best wishes

Clare

User
Posted 24 Jan 2020 at 18:49

Great news! Yeah catheter strange as felt urge to wee all the time but it just happens  as liquid enters bladder. Soon get used to it. 

have a good relaxing weekend

TG

User
Posted 24 Jan 2020 at 20:44

It wasn't a simple case of wanting to wee for me after the op, it was the stinging sensation you get when you are bursting to go to the toilet........horrible pain! I had it as soon as I woke up from the op, needed painkillers for a while after that.