Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Incidence of prostate cancer in adolescents and young men

User
User
Posted 23 Jan 2020 at 10:23
Presumably due to changing lifestyle factors. Obesity in particular is known to be a high risk factor for developing all sorts of different cancers.

Chris

User
Posted 23 Jan 2020 at 10:40

Obesity is not generally a risk factor for prostate cancer (unlike most other cancers), but if you are obese and get prostate cancer, it does tend to be more aggressive. Prostate cancer in the young may be a completely different cause of course, not that we know in any detail what the cause is inn most later life prostate cancers either.

Prostate cancer has tended to be later stage and less curable in younger men anyway, but that's probably because it's not considered until symptoms show up, and even then not considered due to age, and has become stage 4 before it gets as far as diagnosis/treatment.

Edited by member 23 Jan 2020 at 10:41  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 23 Jan 2020 at 11:38
there are other possible risk factors too such as increased pollution and eating too much overrefined food and also the chemicals in plastic affecting humans directly and through the food chain.
Barry
User
Posted 23 Jan 2020 at 12:20

I think there are too many hormone disruptors in the food chain/environment/ water supply. I hope someone identifies what these are and how to reduce our exposure.

Ido4