I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Is Circumin / tumeric a good idea?

User
Posted 30 Jan 2020 at 22:11

I have been taking tumeric for a while now along with a Pomi T substitute, looks like there is some evidence that Tumeric may mask PSA readings

https://pcnrv.blogspot.com/2019/04/if-you-are-using-psa-to-monitor-your.html

Discuss!

User
Posted 30 Jan 2020 at 23:49
As far as I can see, this research looks specifically at curcumin extract, not the consumption of turmeric - the amount of turmeric you sprinkle on food is unlikely to equate to 1440 mg/day of curcumin!

It bothers me a bit that the author refers to Avodart being known to prevent prostate cancer - which is incorrect - although their comment on the risks of taking saw palmetto is reliable.

I have no worries about John having turmeric on his food - it worked like magic for Trevor_Boothe

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 31 Jan 2020 at 10:30
I used Natures Best super strength Turmeric tablets for a year mainly to help my knees. Each tablet equated to about 10 curries lol. I had to stop as it turned my guts inside out. I changed to a Turmeric mouth Spray which bypassed the stomach mostly. During this time my psa just went up and up and my knees not much better. I stopped ages ago and instead used red tiger balm each night on my knees. They are WAY better now
User
Posted 31 Jan 2020 at 13:44
I have noticed an improvement with my hip since I had to stop taking ibrupropen and switched it out to tumeric. I take 2 600mg capsules morning and evening cos my missus can't stand me cooking with it! It's not as good as ibrupropen but it's better than taking nothing.

If my PSA has stayed at or below 0.03 in June I will keep taking it, if it hasn't I will keep taking it!

User
Posted 03 Feb 2020 at 13:19

You need to take the Turmeric/Curcumin with organic black pepper so that it can be absorbed far better. I take 2040mg per day and it is part of my diet that I have mentioned in a recent thread by Bollinge