I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

pain after enoxaparin injections

User
Posted 02 Feb 2020 at 12:23

After my surgery, I was given a course of enoxaparin to inject myself with each night.
The first dose was delivered in hospital by the nurse and did not hurt.
But when I inject myself, the site of the injection hurts for 20 minutes after the injection.
There is no pain when inserting the needle. But it begins to hurt when I push the plunger down.
Am I doing anything wrong?

User
Posted 03 Feb 2020 at 17:09

If you’re having problems getting good sites on your stomach, try your thigh. You just need somewhere you can “pinch” a fold of flesh to inject into.

Best wishes,

Chris

Edited by member 03 Feb 2020 at 17:10  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 02 Feb 2020 at 13:17
Are you using a different injection site each night? You do get rather bruised from it; try to use a different location every day. I came out in huge black bruises.

Best wishes,

Chris

User
Posted 12 Feb 2020 at 10:35
You may occasionally hit a nerve or a blood vessel but best to complete the jab rather than trying again elsewhere as the needle may close back and you will waste the jab.
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 02 Feb 2020 at 13:17
Are you using a different injection site each night? You do get rather bruised from it; try to use a different location every day. I came out in huge black bruises.

Best wishes,

Chris

User
Posted 02 Feb 2020 at 18:19
I am also suffering from numbness in my feet. Could this be related to the enoxaparin?

And what should I do about it?

User
Posted 03 Feb 2020 at 17:09

If you’re having problems getting good sites on your stomach, try your thigh. You just need somewhere you can “pinch” a fold of flesh to inject into.

Best wishes,

Chris

Edited by member 03 Feb 2020 at 17:10  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 04 Feb 2020 at 11:32

Thanks for all the advice.

I tried injecting into the fat around the stomach (where I unfortunately have far more fat
than I would want), and lowering the plunger slowly,and it did not hurt.

- Amnon

Edited by member 12 Feb 2020 at 10:20  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 12 Feb 2020 at 10:35
You may occasionally hit a nerve or a blood vessel but best to complete the jab rather than trying again elsewhere as the needle may close back and you will waste the jab.