Show search

Notification

Error

Eye brow transplant

User
Posted 03 Feb 2020 at 13:51

Hi , everyone ,

I have not been on here for a long time and I wanted some advice,

I had upfront chemo in late 2015 and now on 12 week hormone injections .my PSA is not at 4.6 

all my hair grew back on my head but my poor eyebrows never returned . I’ve just had a consultation with a lovely man in Harley street on having a hair transplant on my eyebrows and wondered if anyone have done it before .

its fairly expensive and doctor reckons it’s 90 % successful .

be really grateful for some advice 

Gary

User
Posted 03 Feb 2020 at 14:16

Another option, but possibly not to your liking...

There's a charity Look Good Feel Better which runs free sessions at Macmillan (and possibly other) cancer centres, and it's about how to make your body look better after cancer treatments. I went on a session during my radiotherapy. One of the things they would have covered is exactly your situation with eye brows, except that wasn't an issue for the 6 or 8 of us on that session, so they covered something else instead.

If that's of interest, contact your cancer centre and ask about it. Make sure you ask for the men's session rather than the ladies session (the men's sessions tend to be rather infrequent compared with the ladies ones).

One thought about transplanting eye brows - presumably they need to find some similar hair, at least in thickness - you could always trim when it gets too long, although cut eyebrows do look a bit strange.

Edited by member 03 Feb 2020 at 14:17  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 03 Feb 2020 at 19:23

Thank you for your reply,

I will  check that out , 

they take the hair from the back of the head , and I didn’t ask about cutting it 😩