I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

AGE LIMIT FOR TRIALS

User
Posted 04 Feb 2020 at 10:00

I have been treated for prostate cancer just over 10 years & will be 74 this year.

Initially I was in the STAMPEDE TRIAL and was treated with DOCETAXEL and ZOLIDRONIC ACID.

A few years ago I was released from the Trial because the researchers have found the answers 

by then. Now I am on ENZALUTAMIDE for the last 10 months. At some point this will stop working and thinking of joining another trial!!  Hopefully I will be over 75 years. Then will my age be a barrier for joining trials?

User
Posted 04 Feb 2020 at 14:29
Hello again Pissu I started Radium 223 last December all being well i have my third injection this week.They stopped my Enzo. after 10 months because my psa started to rise.i'm also74 this year.Zolidronic acid first then Radium 223 ,so far I've had it all on the same day.Good luck Geoff
User
Posted 04 Feb 2020 at 17:09
The inclusion and exclusion criteria for a clinical trial will normally define the age range for participation. For a condition that affects older men in general it is unlikely that there would be an upper age limit to taking part.
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 04 Feb 2020 at 14:29
Hello again Pissu I started Radium 223 last December all being well i have my third injection this week.They stopped my Enzo. after 10 months because my psa started to rise.i'm also74 this year.Zolidronic acid first then Radium 223 ,so far I've had it all on the same day.Good luck Geoff
User
Posted 04 Feb 2020 at 17:09
The inclusion and exclusion criteria for a clinical trial will normally define the age range for participation. For a condition that affects older men in general it is unlikely that there would be an upper age limit to taking part.