I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

EXPERIENCE AFTER STAMPEDE TRIAL ARM E (DOCETAXEL & ZOLEDRONIC ACID)

User
Posted 08 Feb 2020 at 00:39

I STARTED STAMPEDE TRIAL ARM E  IN MAY 2010  AND SINCE THEN HAVE BEEN RELEASED FROM THE TRIAL,

BECAUSE RESULTS FOR TRIAL ARM E HAVE BEEN PUBLICISED.  INTERESTED TO KNOW THE EXPERIENCE OF 

OTHERS WHO WERE IN THIS ARM

User
Posted 08 Feb 2020 at 21:24
Ten years to where you are now is pretty good!
User
Posted 08 Feb 2020 at 22:51

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the comment.

Hi Pete,

Yes 10 years is very good. However not unique. My PSA has never gone over 16.0 and has never gone below 0.2 .

The cancer has never been wide spread and at the last scan done an year ago showed nothing in the bones and 

a single node affected.

I have read articles where people have come in initially with PSA well above 1000 cancer spread far and wide and with experimental treatment PSA down to undetectable levels and cancer eradicated. Hence I am interested  in newer developments in treatment and new trials. My consultant sort of intimated  as I would be 74 next birthday trials may not be interested in me.

It is only a few days since I joined the forum and already I have gathered a great deal of information and answers to lot of my un answered questions.

I have been lucky to lead a normal life with very little side effects all this time. Can I be of any assisstance?

User
Posted 08 Feb 2020 at 23:38
"I have read articles where people have come in initially with PSA well above 1000 cancer spread far and wide and with experimental treatment PSA down to undetectable levels and cancer eradicated."

These are not going to be peer reviewed, factual reports, more like snake oil salesmen. It is not possible to eradicate metastatic prostate cancer.

In cases like yours though, slightly different.; it may not be eradicated but it can certainly be put to slumber for a very long time. I think the longest we have seen here is 18 years but we have a number of members that have made it to 15 years.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 09 Feb 2020 at 09:21
Hi Lyn,

Thanks for the information.

You seem to be quite knowledgeable on the subject, and I am glad to be in touch with you.

If you can remember please give me the names of a few long lasting members.

Thanks

Noel

User
Posted 04 Feb 2021 at 05:30
Noel, I’m past 15 years now, but struggling.

I’m happy to let you read my profile, although it’s not up to date, but I’ve made several posts recently.

Chris.

User
Posted 04 Feb 2021 at 08:56
Hi Noel ,my OH is on arm J of stampede .

You say you’ve been released from trial ,is that because the results have been published or another reason?

Gary’s been on trial for 4.5 years but the trial was about to close when he was accepted, it had been running for at least 2 years before hand .we’re not sure when results will be published but would be devastated if it was withdrawn as Gary has had phenomenal results so far ,keeping his PSA undetectable.

Debby