I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Insurance for holiday travel

User
Posted 10 Feb 2020 at 14:56

Can anyone recommend an Insurance Company that would cover travel insurance with an existing condition of prostrate cancer at a practical price. 

User
Posted 02 Mar 2020 at 07:57
Unless there's reason to suppose that the cancer will require treatment while you're away, the option I go for personally is to get a normal policy and specifically exclude my cancer from it. That way you'll pay the standard premium.

Best wishes,

Chris

User
Posted 02 Mar 2020 at 08:25
"Unless there's reason to suppose that the cancer will require treatment while you're away,"

or that circumstances may change in between booking and going, or there is a rise in PSA requiring RT that hadn't been anticipated, etc, etc.

Also worth considering that if you ask for PCa to be excluded and then get struck down by an awful UTI that ruins your holiday they will argue like hell that the UTI was linked to the PCa. Likewise if you go into retention, have a priapism, suffer breathlessness and suspect a heart attack but it turns out to be the HT or any other thing that could even slightly be associated.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 10 Feb 2020 at 16:17

We have cover with LV but anything related to the prostate cancer is not covered so my oh is only covered for other health things that might occur. They will do  cover just for the period of the holiday rather than whole year cover which is less but whole year one might be more practical if you do several trips a year

User
Posted 10 Feb 2020 at 16:25
I used Staysure
User
Posted 10 Feb 2020 at 17:03

My Husband is with Insurancewith.com. Annual world wild multi trip, £215.00 (Hubbie Stage 4 Metastatic)

Boots is also reasonable

Kim

User
Posted 10 Feb 2020 at 22:00

I’ve used Insurancewith and Holidaysafe who I believe are connected.  Last year we contacted Saga who quoted about £120 for a week in Italy for myself and my wife, I went online via one of online companies such as Go Compare and they quoted Saga for about £60 for exactly the same cover.

Arthur

User
Posted 10 Feb 2020 at 23:18

We have used Insurancewith.com for the last 2 years holidaying to Greece. My wife has hypertension and I'm an advanced  prostate cancer guy, they knocked socks off any other company for our needs.

Chris.

User
Posted 11 Feb 2020 at 10:31

Try Boots for Travel insurance.

They do ask relevant questions, which you must answer truthfully (or no point getting any insurance), but they do also give you a genuine risk based personal quotation, rather than just a generic hike on the premium.

Mines about £220 for 12 months multi-tip worldwide incl. USA & Caribbean (but I don't think it covers cruising).

User
Posted 11 Feb 2020 at 11:53

I go with Staysure - the premiums have always been reasonable - but I've not needed to file a claim.

User
Posted 01 Mar 2020 at 16:12

Just come home from a month in Tenerife, All clear just wouldn't cover me, Boots would only insure me for single trip only as I'm PCa but the cost was about £65, had to answer a lot of questions over the phone as they queried all points, but at the end I felt sure if anything had have happened I would be covered 

User
Posted 02 Mar 2020 at 07:57
Unless there's reason to suppose that the cancer will require treatment while you're away, the option I go for personally is to get a normal policy and specifically exclude my cancer from it. That way you'll pay the standard premium.

Best wishes,

Chris

User
Posted 02 Mar 2020 at 08:25
"Unless there's reason to suppose that the cancer will require treatment while you're away,"

or that circumstances may change in between booking and going, or there is a rise in PSA requiring RT that hadn't been anticipated, etc, etc.

Also worth considering that if you ask for PCa to be excluded and then get struck down by an awful UTI that ruins your holiday they will argue like hell that the UTI was linked to the PCa. Likewise if you go into retention, have a priapism, suffer breathlessness and suspect a heart attack but it turns out to be the HT or any other thing that could even slightly be associated.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 02 Mar 2020 at 08:35

I have to pay an annual supplement of £115 to Nationwide for my Stage 4 PCA in addition to the monthly account fee that cover my wife and I for our Worldwide Travel.

Don't know how good they are at paying out but I'll find out soon enough as we were on a 19 night cruise from Sydney to Singapore which was due to arrive in Singapore today (2/3/20).

Cruise ship Captain turfed everybody off in Fremantle on 22/2/20 due to Coronavirus fears, we had non transferable, non refundable tickets home from Singapore so I invoked the curtailment clause in my insurance that allows £1000 each repatriation costs according to the policy.

Submitted my claim to Nationwide last week for £935 to cover our two flight tickets home from Perth to Manchester, I realise there is a £50 excess each so I'm hopeful Nationwide will stump up the £835.

Lets see how good they are.

User
Posted 02 Mar 2020 at 12:17
Bad luck about curtailment of cruise and hope you will be fully reimbursed. I was with Nationwide some time ago but they stopped covering their customers after a certain age so suggest anybody contemplating joining for this perk checks they are eligible because they don't always tell you there is an age restriction.
Barry