Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Access denied issue

User
Posted 11 Feb 2020 at 16:35

Hi everyone,

We are aware that a small number of users are experiencing issues when trying to create new posts and receive an access denied message.

If you experience this problem please contact us at onlinecommunity@prostatecanceruk.org telling us your username.

Our web developers are investigating this issue.

Best wishes
Carol

Digital Manager
Prostate Cancer UK

User
Posted 11 Feb 2020 at 16:59

Carol

I did have that issue but think I was trying to start a topic in "from the moderators" or welcome.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 11 Feb 2020 at 20:21
I had it the other day after composing a long post which should have been helpful to other members, but access was denied, and the post lost. I couldn’t be bothered to write it all out again.

This is yet another example of the flaws in this rubbish bulletin board. Moreover, last week, I had three posts triplicated but could not delete two of them.

When are you going to get rid and get a contemporary bulletin board that actually works?

Cheers, John.

User
Posted 11 Feb 2020 at 20:44
Happened once to me maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago but I tried later and it worked. There are still occasional probs. Will keep a record of time, date and subject in future.
Barry
User
Posted 11 Feb 2020 at 21:53

Since I first started using the forum (probably Oct 2019) I’ve always found that if I go to the Welcome, Start here section I get Access denied when I try to introduce myself. As a consequence I’ve mostly only been able to read others posts and comment occasionally. I can’t access the advice on how to start up my own topic or share my personal concerns. Makes the forum of very limited value.

User
Posted 11 Feb 2020 at 22:54

I've had it when creating new conversations on one of my devices but not on other devices. I don't recall which.

It loses all the info.

User
Posted 12 Feb 2020 at 21:30
Be glad if they can sort this out.

Haven't been able to start a thread for 6 months.

User
Posted 03 Mar 2020 at 14:25

Hi everyone,

For those of you who have been affected by the access denied issue when creating new posts on the community.

Please can I ask that you ensure you choose a topic and confirm the topic BEFORE you try and post your new message.

Please let me know if the access denied problem persists for you even if you have chosen and confirmed your message topic.

Best wishes,
Carol

Digital Manager
Prostate Cancer UK

User
Posted 03 Mar 2020 at 14:55
Hi Carol,

Once again I had ‘access denied’ last week, after writing a fairly long piece which I thought was well thought-out and of help to other sufferers. The post was lost, and I couldn’t be bothered to repeat typing it.

I am sure I selected a topic and sub-topic before submitting it.

When are you actually going to change to a decent working bulletin board, as you will have read multiple complaints about this one? And that’s only the guys who can be bothered to complain!

Cheers, John.

User
Posted 03 Mar 2020 at 18:51
There may be a lot of complaints but they tend to be from the same few people. I don't have any of the reported problems with the website on any of my devices and wonder if it depends on whether the individuals are accessing through Edge, Chrome, Internet Explorer or other?
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 03 Mar 2020 at 21:42

Well I tried using Chrome and Firefox to start  a thread some time ago regardless of trying a different title but each time got Access Denied. (I have started quite a number of threads so I know what is needed.) Eventually I posted it on an existing thread asking mods to move it to a new thread but I don't think they did. There is also another minor issue on my account which I reported weeks ago but does not bother me so I have not raised it again. I agree the bugs should have been sorted out on this site long ago but clearly haven't.

Edited by member 04 Mar 2020 at 01:06  | Reason: for clarity

Barry
User
Posted 03 Mar 2020 at 23:25
So I just tried starting a new thread with a topic and a title and got the access denied message but also a 'continue' button which I pressed so it will be interesting to see if the thread appears.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 04 Mar 2020 at 00:57
Your previous post was tempting fate Lyn!!
Barry
User
Posted 04 Mar 2020 at 06:13
Carol

Working again for me now Carol, thanks.

User
Posted 04 Mar 2020 at 07:25
Indeed Barry - it never appeared 🤦🏼‍♀️

User
Posted 04 Mar 2020 at 11:15

Lyn

What topic did you use when you tried. Thanks Chris

User
Posted 04 Mar 2020 at 12:38

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member
There may be a lot of complaints but they tend to be from the same few people. I don't have any of the reported problems with the website on any of my devices...

Yes, we’re all whingeing old gits...Welcome to the club😷😷😷😷

User
Posted 18 Jun 2020 at 21:30
After seemingly sorting this problem out a few weeks back tried to register a new post and got the "access denied" message again.
User
Posted 18 Jun 2020 at 23:50
This is an ongoing problem for which somebody should take responsibility for sorting. If the present programmers can't do this after so long they should be replaced.
Barry
User
Posted 19 Jun 2020 at 03:11
I spent maybe fifteen minutes yesterday writing out a post about a friend who was told by his oncologist that radiotherapy would cure him, only for it to be ‘Access denied’ and lost as soon as I pressed the ‘POST’ button.

I wonder if the IT people at PC UK ever read these comments.

Cheers, John.

User
Posted 20 Aug 2020 at 17:04

Still getting access denied issues. Very deflating after raising £2000+ for the charity. Infuriating

http://Justgiving.com/wallwalk2020