I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Leak,leak,leak??

User
Posted 12 Feb 2020 at 16:15

Hi,Ive had my catheter removed just over a week ago and I know its going to take time to sort out the leaks etc by I seem to leak all day and it gushes everytime I get up after sitting for some time. I never get the urge to pee because I assume my bladders leaking all day?

Is this normal?

Thanks

User
Posted 12 Feb 2020 at 20:23

Completely normal, most have it this way to start with.

It gets better. Appreciable difference in 6 weeks.

Some are continent to start with - they are the lucky ones.

I am six months, wear a single pad and leak in the later part of the day, when drinking or when exercising.

just saw my consultant, who says will improve slowly over the next few months.

User
Posted 12 Feb 2020 at 21:08

Totally normal, I am just over 4 months post RP and still leak when walking.

Go onto Amazon and try the Depend pants, I have found them the most comfortable to wear.

User
Posted 12 Feb 2020 at 22:59

Hi Terry,

I assume you've heard of the exercises you can do to strengthen your pelvic muscles. 

They're called Kegel exercises and basically it's like you're holding in a pee.   Hold it in for 10 seconds and let it relax.  10 times.  Several times a day.  Some say 10 times in the morning, 10 in the afternoon and 10 in the evening.

This bloke gives more advice and other exercises relating to your lower body.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHwVglPQR_w

It does make a difference.

User
Posted 13 Feb 2020 at 11:35
Thanks for the replies, now I know its normal lol? Been doing the exercises but will be also doing the stuff on the vid.Thanks again.

Terry

User
Posted 13 Feb 2020 at 15:45
Ill leave the crunches for a couple of weeks as he says to wait six weeks before doing them?
User
Posted 13 Feb 2020 at 20:17

Yes.  Should have noted that your wounds are fairly fresh.  I did nothing stressing any wounds.  Your stomach wounds will let you know when you stress them.  Ouch.

The bladder sewing needs care as well.

Gentle is the way.

User
Posted 24 Feb 2020 at 17:03
starting the crunches next week.....