I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Not myself

User
Posted 19 Feb 2020 at 01:44

Hi I have been on Prostap for sometime I had hormone injection after radiotherapy then cancer came back in lower stomach so then chemotherapy and started Prostap injections again every three month's  for as long as it lasts. Does anyone on this feel not themselves I'm getting very snappy and that's not me, have trouble sleeping as well. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Richard

User
Posted 19 Feb 2020 at 06:12

Hormone therapy can cause exaggerated emotions. For some people, that can be bursting in to tears unexpectedly, or bursting out laughing inappropriately (in my case), or losing your temper when you wouldn't have expected to, etc.

Understanding this is important, but also trying to keep control of it for the sake of yourself and others around you. You might benefit from relaxation classes and exercise classes. Check with your hospital cancer care centre [Macmillan?] to see if they offer these, and also check with a local prostate cancer (or general cancer) support group - often these classes are available cheaply or for free for cancer patients. It's not just the classes themselves which help, but also meeting and talking with other patients in the same situation - that's just as important. Obviously, be careful during the chemo, but also use it as an opportunity to talk with other patients - that can be one of the best therapies. Destressing and exercise also help with sleeping.

User
Posted 19 Feb 2020 at 18:47
Thank you for the reply. think that stress release may help and exercise I cope most of the time just problems raise their heads now and then. Cheers Richard