Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Urine test?

User
Posted 22 Feb 2020 at 10:49

Hi all,

My husband is having his biopsy in a couple of weeks. He's had the MRI.

in the post today was a urine test that has to go back to the hospital. They said they wanted it done prior to the biopsy.

I was just wondering what they were testing for, because you get no information whatsoever.

User
Posted 22 Feb 2020 at 13:29
Probably just to rule out any urinary tract infections
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 22 Feb 2020 at 23:26

On the day of my biopsy I turned up to hospital, and thought I had better have a pee before I go any further. Checked in, filled in a few forms and then they said "we need urine sample to test for infection" I presume because they are goint to puncture holes in you and don't want bacteria getting in blood. As I had just had a pee I couldn't produce anything. Fortunately doctor asked a few questions and said "you're probably OK we'll do it anyway". I guess they want to test your hubby for the same reason, but it seems silly to do it two weeks in advance, mind you it was silly calling me in and not putting in the appointment letter that I would need to provide a sample on the day. 

Dave

User
Posted 23 Feb 2020 at 17:29

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member
On the day of my biopsy I turned up to hospital, and thought I had better have a pee before I go any further.

The toilets in Urology One-stop at Luton & Dunstable hospital have all got signs on the entrance saying don't have a pee until you've checked in, in case a urine sample is required.