I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

urinary sheaths?

User
Posted 25 Feb 2020 at 15:24

Hi, Been six weeks since my op and still leaking big time! Nightime is fin,day tome not so good.

Ive tried using the unrinary sheath but stays on for a few hrs but gradually makes it way off.Ive tried different sizes but no difference? Any suggestions please?

Thanks, Terry

User
Posted 25 Feb 2020 at 20:26

Terry

What brand are you using ?

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 26 Feb 2020 at 03:29
Corveen do different size sheaths using an adhesive that stay on well I found, In fact they adhere so well you have to trim your curlies first or it hurts when you remove the sheathes.
Barry
User
Posted 26 Feb 2020 at 11:56

Hi there,coloplast.Terry

User
Posted 26 Feb 2020 at 11:57

dont use them at night bud.

User
Posted 27 Feb 2020 at 17:01

Hey Barry,Corvenn is coloplast.

User
Posted 27 Feb 2020 at 19:04

Yes, brand used had not mentioned when I posted. It's been the best part of 10 years since I last used mine and maybe the type of adhesive has been changed. I found Conveen very obliging. My problem was that the bag slipped down my leg gradually so this would pull on the connecting tube taking up the slack and then pulling on the sheath. They provided both a belt and a suitably sized elasticated stocking which when used together helped greatly. Suggest you speak with Conveen to check whether they can help you.

PS.  If the bag is emptied earlier there is clearly less weight to pull the bag down, if that is indeed part of your problem.

Edited by member 27 Feb 2020 at 19:15  | Reason: additional comment

Barry
User
Posted 27 Feb 2020 at 19:27

Thanks bud,thats what I found plus it gradually slipped off during the day? They are a great company to deal with.

User
Posted 27 Feb 2020 at 20:08

Terry

Quite right about a good company to deal with, I swapped and changed quite a few times. Are you using the longer length sheath, they attach futher towards the body end of the penis. The shorter ones can stick together and the urine goes out the wrong end of the sheath. Although designed for catheters with a bit of improvisation a stat lock device may help support the bag.

Thanks Chris