I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Test for post

User
Posted 16 Mar 2020 at 17:19

Thus is my test to see if I can post, as I spent considerable time typing a mail item only to be told access denied 

if this works can anyone tell me how to overcome the access denied I keep getting.

Thanks Al

User
Posted 16 Mar 2020 at 21:00

If you go to Topics/Welcome/Moderators there is a post where they ask that you report this so they can fix it.

As this posted though, you cracked it but it still exists.

User
Posted 16 Mar 2020 at 21:01
You may be choosing a topic title that someone else has already used, or including information that is prohibited on the forum, such as doctor's name?
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 16 Mar 2020 at 22:10
You have mentioned high serum ferritin levels on another thread - these can be indicative of liver problems, arthritis, lymphoma and other things but are not usually associated with prostate cancer. Back pain can also indicate liver problems or lymphoma but is also commonly down to arthritis.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 16 Mar 2020 at 22:29

Thanks, 

I am not brilliant at understanding how this site and it’s topics work.

User
Posted 16 Mar 2020 at 23:07
I wouldn't worry about it; it isn't the easiest format ever invented. If you are posting on someone else's thread, just click on their profile and their 10 most recent posts to check that they are still active and not in crisis or grieving.

User
Posted 17 Mar 2020 at 06:36

Alanj

If doing a long post I write it in a more reliable program like Gmail or word then copy and paste it into the post in this site. 

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 21 Mar 2020 at 16:49

Hi, sorry to bother you but I can see you are a very adept user if this system I spent ages typing a post that I wanted posted into metastatic cancer area to be told access denied   So lost all I had typed can you advise what I might do?  

User
Posted 21 Mar 2020 at 17:57

Alan

Once lost I  don't think you can do anything about it. Remember a new conversation will not appear until it has been moderated, that can be minutes or hours.

Quite a few of us start a personal story conversation and just keep adding to it , it helps keep all your info together and saves the need to start a new conversation.

Also worth noting that unlike facebook if you "reply" to a post it is not obvious who you are replying to.

Thanks Chris

Edited by member 21 Mar 2020 at 18:01  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 21 Mar 2020 at 20:54

Thanks for your reply I really seem to not understand how this works.

my worry which I wanted to post in metastatic cancer group in short was,

I had a serum ferritin of 607 7 weeks ago which way above normal level which show a maximum of 350, my latest test has come back with serum ferritin  of over 1000 that’s over a 60% increase in 7 weeks was just wondering if anyone else with metastatic cancer had any experience of that.

Perhaps you could copy and list it for me into the metastatic group if you can.

many thanks al

User
Posted 21 Mar 2020 at 21:55
Al, you are better sticking with this thread for now as you haven't been diagnosed with prostate cancer, let alone advanced prostate cancer, and high ferritin levels are not usually associated with prostate cancer.

If you do get diagnosed with prostate cancer in the future, you could try again to start a new thread in another section but for the time being, it is easier for members if you stick with this thread that is already running.

User
Posted 21 Mar 2020 at 22:24

Hi Lyn,

I am very happy to hear you say that high ferritin is not associated with Prostate cancer, I would keen to understand where you have seen that? 

You are right of course that I have not been diagnosed with pca and even my psa is only 1, 

However my issues are related to back pain amongst other things to many to mention here, and in part my investigations have shown the serum ferritin increase I described. > 1000 is a very high ferritin level,  my Gp says he ran additional tests to test for inflammation which is a reason for high ferritin they came back normal and suggested seeing my urologist again.

On further examination I have come across a number of references of where high serum ferritin is associated with pca, but also on examining reasons for high ferritin I came  across the following and I quote below one of the reasons which jumped off the page at me.

So maybe you can understand why my concern and reason to ask others with metastatic cancer  if they had experience of this.

al

Malignancies

Local cancers do not raise serum ferritin levels (<500 μg/L), but metastatic cancer can cause them to rise, often to more than 1000 μg/L, probably because of factors associated with it (inflammation, cytolysis, etc.) 

User
Posted 22 Mar 2020 at 00:07
Yes but you have a diagnostic explanation for the back pain and although prostate cancer is a possibility there are other (more serious) explanations for your ferritin levels and symptoms so I don't understand why you are fixating on your prostate.

How long before you get your results?

User
Posted 22 Mar 2020 at 07:30

Hi, I agree it does look like I am fixated on Pca but having had multiple urinary tract infections and poor flow along with other symptoms mentioned on my post which I posted last night that seems one if the more likely options, in some respects however part of the reason I posed the question do as to see if anyone else had experience of high ferritin , if not that may suggest I may be wrong.

i have an appointment again with the GP tomorrow to see what he suggests, I may not have said but in the results of the blood Test he mentioned seeing the urologist again, so unsurprisingly made me again consider Pca.

thanks for showing interest.

al