Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Vitamin C

User
Posted 16 Mar 2020 at 21:09

Hi

Viramin C and D are supposed to be beneficial in dealing with "the other C".

I do high dose vitmain D daily having doe the research but cannot find definitive studies on the pros and cons of high does vitamin C.

Anyone here have the info?

Cheers

P

User
Posted 17 Mar 2020 at 07:55
User
Posted 17 Mar 2020 at 08:11

Vitamin c has been proven to reduce the length of symptoms but not to prevent illness. Recommendations are lots of fresh fruit and veg rather than supplementation.

https://www.hindawi.com/journals/bmri/2018/1837634/

User
Posted 17 Mar 2020 at 09:07
Cheers

I am more thinking of the contraindications for PCa peeps. Certain vitamins and minerals are know to execerbate PCa and I don;t want to to be taking anything that does.

Does anyone know the relationship between Vitamin C and PCa?

User
Posted 17 Mar 2020 at 11:00

I’m not so sure about that one, hopefully someone does.

Ido4

User
Posted 17 Mar 2020 at 13:48

When I did a lot of research on PCa following my diagnosis in 2007, I unearthed a story about an American Doctor who treated patients with very high doses of vitamin C. This was done by direct injection and with very good results but he was barred from doing this so lost his battle with the authorities for giving this form of treatment despite having many willing patients. I don't remember much about the story now other than in tablet form it was much less effective.

Anybody contemplating taking high doses of vitamin C should check with their Doctor that this does not adversely affect any other medication they are having.

Edited by member 17 Mar 2020 at 13:57  | Reason: Not specified

Barry
User
Posted 18 Mar 2020 at 11:57
Yes, that ties in with what I read here

https://healthunlocked.com/advanced-prostate-cancer

(put a . at the end of the URL to bypass paywall and dig away)

Mega dosing may work but it appears that regular supplementation with Vitamin D is contra-indicated.

User
Posted 15 Oct 2021 at 09:24

Hi folks, I am new on the forum but not to the C and I have been on Watchful-waiting for about 10 years.

I have been taking 24 grams of ascorbic acid, vitamin C all of that time and I believe that it has slowed down my cancer. At the moment I am reading a book by an American doctor, Thomas E Leyv, called Curing the Incurable, Vitamin C, Infectious Diseases and Toxins. He is reckoned to be one of the worlds leading lights on vit C and it is a VERY interesting read. Well worth the £19 from Amazon.

The intravenous injections have been proved to be very effective, but I believe that because there is no profit for Big Pharma they won't go anywhere near it. I know that if I can find a practitioner near to me then I would certainly be looking to get an appointment with them.