I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

COLLECTION OF ENZULTAMIDE TABLETS

User
Posted 26 Mar 2020 at 01:36

I have been on ENZU for  just over an year, without any problems. Every four weeks I went to the hospital to have a blood test and a few days later had a meeting with the nurse in the hospital Oncology Dept. and straight after the meeting collected my four week supply of ENZU from the PHARMACY in the HOSPITAL  ONCOLOGY Dept.

From now on I will only have telephone consultation with the nurse but ENZU has to be collected from the hospital.

I do not wish to send anyone else ,even if I can find a willing helper, and expose them . Of course I cannot send someone else for the blood test , willing or not.

I requested the Oncology department to send the tablets home which they have refused.

Like to hear from others regarding their experience of COLLECTING ENZU under the prevailing situation from CORNA Virus.

User
Posted 26 Mar 2020 at 12:30
It would be worthwhile contacting your GP's surgery to enquire whether the blood test could be done at home by the district nurse.

Best wishes,

Chris

User
Posted 26 Mar 2020 at 13:19
A significant proportion of the 600,000 volunteers recruited by the NHS over the last 2 days are for the purpose of delivering meds to patients who are self-isolating. Hopefully, the hospital pharmacy can find a solution quickly for you.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 26 Mar 2020 at 07:58

Are you in the "at risk" group yourself? If not, a quick visit to the hospital pharmacy while observing the social distancing rules would seem to pose little risk. I don't know if it's the same at your hospital but at mine the pharmacy has a separate entrance so you can go in without having to walk through the hospital  

Best wishes,

Chris

Edited by member 26 Mar 2020 at 07:59  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 26 Mar 2020 at 08:19

Hi Chris,

I am at risk. In our hospital the pharmacy is not separated. You have given me an idea though!!

More worrying aspect is the blood test at the hospital where the average waiting time is about 35 minutes and every four visits it is well over an hour.

Thank you

Noel

Edited by member 26 Mar 2020 at 11:27  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 26 Mar 2020 at 12:30
It would be worthwhile contacting your GP's surgery to enquire whether the blood test could be done at home by the district nurse.

Best wishes,

Chris

User
Posted 26 Mar 2020 at 13:19
A significant proportion of the 600,000 volunteers recruited by the NHS over the last 2 days are for the purpose of delivering meds to patients who are self-isolating. Hopefully, the hospital pharmacy can find a solution quickly for you.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 26 Mar 2020 at 15:43
Hi my OH is on the stampede trial in Portsmouth and has Abi and Enzu ,he had a telephone consultation on tues and his drugs were ready for collection on Wednesday at the hospital. Gary drove to the hospital and I collected them ,I had to have ID and his app letter and phone the trial nurse when we arrived. She then came outside with them . I also gave her details of his blood pressure and weight which was done at home .

Gary has to have blood tests every 6 weeks so an appointment will be made in the onco department for him to go in and out quite quickly .

The nurses are at the end of the phone and are very helpful if needed.

Hope this helps

Debby

User
Posted 26 Mar 2020 at 17:40

Thank you Debby.

After making a fuss about collection of the tablets they  arranged for me to collect eight weeks supply.

I went to collect in the afternoon to avoid the morning rush, As I walked in through the Oncology entrance there was a girl waiting to take my temperature before I was allowed in. The Pharmacy serving hatch had new glass shutter and in addition a tape in front , to prevent people from getting too close to the hatch. There was no queue and I collected eight weeks of supply.I was only wearing gloves. On the whole it was very quick, neat, tidy and safe in my mind.

The Oncology Blood testing place is right opposite the Pharmacy and the nurse was also sitting on her own waiting for the next patient to turn up. whenever that is. The advantage of going to the hospital is there is no need to make an appointment. My Local GP surgery is only a few hundred yards from where I live with several doctors and nurses,it is a big set up. Currently every one has to wait outside in the open . You are only allowed in when your turn comes up , they are mainly carrying out injections only. The doctors are carrying out telephone consultations.

Having seen both the Hospital and Local  Surgery set up , I am quite satisfied with both. I will make a decision closer to my next Blood Test date , also considering the prevailing situation with the Virus and my state of affairs.

After finishing my hospital business I went to Local Paydens pharmacy to collect two other medication and waited an hour in the queue outside ,but got served in a few minutes once I was in. The girl pharmacist advised me to send someone else to collect my medication in the future!!

You cannot win. I think of myself as a fit person on the contrary others seem to be placing me in the category of old and helpless!!

Edited by member 26 Mar 2020 at 17:44  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 26 Mar 2020 at 17:47

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the suggestion,

All afternoon I was out collecting medication and buying grocery and seem to have mixed up the sequence of my reply to various people on the forum!!

Please refer to my reply to Debby.

Edited by member 26 Mar 2020 at 18:09  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 26 Mar 2020 at 17:59

Hi Lyn,

Thanks for the kind reply. 

I went to the Hospital last Thursday for the Blood Test and today to collect my tablets.

There was a very noticeable change in a lot of aspects. In general there were less people about. The car park which is always over flowing regardless of the time you went was today half empty and so was everything inside. I have decided to wait because they are ever changing at a rate.