I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

How fast should PSA fall?

User
Posted 09 Apr 2020 at 11:37

P had a phone call with the oncologist this week. It had been planned that he would have chemo soon, along with the hormone therapy, but this has been cancelled due to covid19. I hope this won't affect his prognosis too much - I know having chemo early can extend life, but obviously not if covid19 gets you in the meanwhile!

P's MRI scan of soft tissue came back negative, so he has no mets apart from in the bones.

His PSA is now 15, after 2 months on Zoladex - is this what you'd expect? It was 800 at diagnosis in December, and 42 when checked in March.

User
Posted 09 Apr 2020 at 12:26

Hi there 

Just for info, my husband diagnosed last July PSA 287.

He started Prostap injenctions straight away. They brought his PSA down to 34 by the start of his chemo on 20 August. Then it reduced further on chemo. So I think yours sounds good. 

After chemo it went down to 0.57 but I see some people on here with PSA less than 0.1 and I think ours will never get there. 

Downward trends are good though. 

Edited by member 09 Apr 2020 at 12:27  | Reason: Spelling

Mrs MAS

User
Posted 09 Apr 2020 at 12:30
That sounds like an excellent response to the HT. Sounds as if it's working just as intended.

Best wishes,

Chris

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 09 Apr 2020 at 12:26

Hi there 

Just for info, my husband diagnosed last July PSA 287.

He started Prostap injenctions straight away. They brought his PSA down to 34 by the start of his chemo on 20 August. Then it reduced further on chemo. So I think yours sounds good. 

After chemo it went down to 0.57 but I see some people on here with PSA less than 0.1 and I think ours will never get there. 

Downward trends are good though. 

Edited by member 09 Apr 2020 at 12:27  | Reason: Spelling

Mrs MAS

User
Posted 09 Apr 2020 at 12:30
That sounds like an excellent response to the HT. Sounds as if it's working just as intended.

Best wishes,

Chris