Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Go Irun!

User
Posted 09 Apr 2020 at 12:39

Irun,

Just seen the video of you running around your back garden completing the Marathon des Sables.

Brilliant and great promotion for Prostate Cancer UK! Kudos!

Keep running!

Flexi

User
Posted 10 Apr 2020 at 18:08

Thank you, it’s been a tough week. I have run 220 kilometres round my garden, about 2,500 laps so far. My last day is tomorrow, just 10k. 

Along the way thanks to people’s generosity I have raised over £20,000 for Pcuk and about £8,000 for the national emergencies trust Coronavirus appeal, blown away by people’s generosity.

i am on bbc radio Surrey about 8-50 in th3 morning and bbc radio London sometime after 2-00 in the afternoon if you can tune in ( internet radio everywhere).

i hope I am proving that a T4 diagnosis over 5 years ago does not necessarily mean you can’t do things.

have a great Easter

kev 

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019

User
Posted 16 Apr 2020 at 07:23

Hi Lyn 

that is the site I am using at the mo as it splits between Pcuk and the National Emergencies Trust Coronavirus appeal. 

I am grateful for everyone’s support as the last 2 weeks has seen me raise an incredible sum thanks to people’s generosity and I somehow have inspired many others to do virtual events at home and raise funds for Pcuk , even my sons scout group are doing a virtual run for them this weekend! 

I just wanted to show that you can do things whilst isolating and get/stay fit. Here is a link to a press article if you are interested?

https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/11/sunbathing-man-ran-ultra-marathon-back-garden-12543981

stay safe everyone, thank you. 

kev 

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 10 Apr 2020 at 07:52
Irun

I saw you on BBC last week. What you have achieved is unbelievable and inspirational. All the very best wishes to you.

I tried to start a thread like this but it never appeared.

If anyone wants to sponsor Irun here is the link

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/kevin-webber7

Cheers

Bill

User
Posted 10 Apr 2020 at 18:08

Thank you, it’s been a tough week. I have run 220 kilometres round my garden, about 2,500 laps so far. My last day is tomorrow, just 10k. 

Along the way thanks to people’s generosity I have raised over £20,000 for Pcuk and about £8,000 for the national emergencies trust Coronavirus appeal, blown away by people’s generosity.

i am on bbc radio Surrey about 8-50 in th3 morning and bbc radio London sometime after 2-00 in the afternoon if you can tune in ( internet radio everywhere).

i hope I am proving that a T4 diagnosis over 5 years ago does not necessarily mean you can’t do things.

have a great Easter

kev 

User
Posted 10 Apr 2020 at 18:12

Aaaagggh - I have donated to this page rather than the JustGiving one - does it matter?????

https://www.sponsorme.co.uk/kevinwebber/kevin-webbers-marathon-des-sables-2020-uk.aspx?fbclid=IwAR25-dZWYN3VyjbY2gHHxdMvH0dd9yJoMXSNUSGRYU5PZhed-h9GPt_1-eo 

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 10 Apr 2020 at 18:12
You’re an inspiration to us all, Kev!

Very best wishes,

Chris

User
Posted 16 Apr 2020 at 07:23

Hi Lyn 

that is the site I am using at the mo as it splits between Pcuk and the National Emergencies Trust Coronavirus appeal. 

I am grateful for everyone’s support as the last 2 weeks has seen me raise an incredible sum thanks to people’s generosity and I somehow have inspired many others to do virtual events at home and raise funds for Pcuk , even my sons scout group are doing a virtual run for them this weekend! 

I just wanted to show that you can do things whilst isolating and get/stay fit. Here is a link to a press article if you are interested?

https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/11/sunbathing-man-ran-ultra-marathon-back-garden-12543981

stay safe everyone, thank you. 

kev