I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Feeling the cold....

User
Posted 26 Apr 2020 at 10:29

Hi. Does anyone else feel the cold more. I finished RT in January this year, I’m on 3monthly Prostap injections until December this year.  I have never felt the cold, but this last 6months or so I have !! Is it another symptom or at my age would it be happening anyway (70).  Thanks in advance 

User
Posted 26 Apr 2020 at 19:22
Have yo lost weight by any chance?
Barry
User
Posted 26 Apr 2020 at 21:03
Yes I seemed to feel the cold for a little while. I finished HT (Zoladex) in June 2018 after 3 yrs (RT end 2016) and did feel cold for say 4-6 months or so which was not normal for me & weather didn't have to be cold. I think it was a while after HT finished can't really remember but it didn't last long and not really an issue. I hadn't lost weight, I'm still trying!

Peter

User
Posted 28 Apr 2020 at 14:49
In my case long term. The usual tests to check out anything else. However my advancing years are probably not helping.

My only concern is being careful not to get too cold for too long as getting warm can take quite sometime.

Having said that that's me not you so check it out with GP. I was presently surprised this morning by surgery tone to do I need to have my routine PSA test- yes booked.

Ray

User
Posted 06 Sep 2020 at 10:36

People often talk about hot flushes, but this is just part of the sensory disturbance in the hypothalamus, in which you don't sense your body temperature correctly. That can result in feeling cold too, although that's often not as noticeable. There are plenty of other reasons you might feel colder, some of which might be hormone therapy related too.

I think it might apply to me. I used to not care if the house dropped down to 17C, but that's not been the case in last 2 years on HT where I've needed it around 21C.

Edited by member 06 Sep 2020 at 10:41  | Reason: Not specified

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 26 Apr 2020 at 19:22
Have yo lost weight by any chance?
Barry
User
Posted 26 Apr 2020 at 19:51
no weight loss Barry, quite the opposite.
User
Posted 26 Apr 2020 at 21:03
Yes I seemed to feel the cold for a little while. I finished HT (Zoladex) in June 2018 after 3 yrs (RT end 2016) and did feel cold for say 4-6 months or so which was not normal for me & weather didn't have to be cold. I think it was a while after HT finished can't really remember but it didn't last long and not really an issue. I hadn't lost weight, I'm still trying!

Peter

User
Posted 28 Apr 2020 at 14:49
In my case long term. The usual tests to check out anything else. However my advancing years are probably not helping.

My only concern is being careful not to get too cold for too long as getting warm can take quite sometime.

Having said that that's me not you so check it out with GP. I was presently surprised this morning by surgery tone to do I need to have my routine PSA test- yes booked.

Ray

User
Posted 06 Sep 2020 at 10:31

I started Bicalutamide 150 mg tablets on July 10th. 2019; had RT started in October within a few months I noticed that I often felt cold and needed to raise my normal room temperature from about 20.5 to 22.5 or 23 degrees. My oncologist thinks it may be caused by the tablets slowing my metabolism down. I have not experienced any hot flushes though as far as I am aware. Few symptoms in fact, except low libido, slight skin soreness in groin, “moobs” but no real fatigue that I have noticed but look forward to finishing course of GR early next year! One advantage though; during the summer ‘heat waves’, I remained fairly comfortable!

User
Posted 06 Sep 2020 at 10:36

People often talk about hot flushes, but this is just part of the sensory disturbance in the hypothalamus, in which you don't sense your body temperature correctly. That can result in feeling cold too, although that's often not as noticeable. There are plenty of other reasons you might feel colder, some of which might be hormone therapy related too.

I think it might apply to me. I used to not care if the house dropped down to 17C, but that's not been the case in last 2 years on HT where I've needed it around 21C.

Edited by member 06 Sep 2020 at 10:41  | Reason: Not specified