I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Injections not working

User
Posted 30 Apr 2020 at 13:44

It has been some time since I posted. In February my husband started the trimix injections. The NP did an injection at the 5 mark and his erection lasted almost 3 hours and hurt.  She told him not to use more and he never has.  The problem now is since then the successfullness of the injections has been sparse.  The NP injected on the left side and in our recollection it has not been successful since.  On the right side it has varied, getting less and less successful overall.  I am deeply concerned.  We have watched videos, read books and watched intently that he injects in the right place.  He does 4-5 on the needle fyi.  He is also starting to leak again the last few times he has done the injection.  One of the things I am concerned about is blood flow.  He never bleeds from the needle...only 1 time at the beginning and since then nothing.  He says he feels the medicine surging, first on the left and now on both sides.  He can get an erection if he stands.  If he remains standing it is about 75%.  If he sits or lays or tries to have sex standing, immediately it goes to 0.  I am also worried about scarring.  He does not inject in the same place every time, I have watched him.  It is pretty close to the middle though every time.  Last night he said it was hard to inject and even harder to push in the plunger.  From reading it sounds like there is scarring.  

If there is scarring is there anything he can do?  If it is blood flow is there anything he can do?  I am frustrated with the stupid doctors.  They seem to care so little about this.  When things stopped working on the left side he emailed the NP and she said he was not injecting properly.  Now since it is not working on the right side I told him to email her back again with the details.  He is so damaged mentally right now he said he was not going to email her because he thinks he needs to increase the dose and let me do the injection.  I am so very worried about his psyche over this.  He keeps apologizing to me and makes fun of his penis all the time now.  Him demoralizing himself hurts more than him not getting an erection.  The covid-19 thing in the US has impacted us in ways I can't even begin to explain, though I am sure the rest of you are dealing with the same thing.  He has also stopped using the pump (almost 2 months now).  I know he is stressed and we have a special needs adult child at home who we are getting absolutely no help with so our life revolves around him and his autistic ways of not sleeping, screaming, meltdowns and being overstimulated and p****d because he doesn't understand what is going on.  I know this may play some factor but I don't think it is the only reason.  

Please help with what next steps would be good for my husband to take.  As always I appreciate this forum and feedback.

User
Posted 30 Apr 2020 at 14:58
Really sorry to hear of your situation. The injection in honesty is pretty simple and difficult to get wrong. It can go either side of the penis and for most of the length on top. I never used to bleed either as the needle is superfine. Injections used to give me a rock solid erection but oddly caused me to leak urine occasionally. Whilst tablets definitely rely on stimulation either mental or physical, I believe it is the same for injections also , even though they say it can give someone paralysed an erection. I didn’t just immediately get hard and proud but it fully kicked in during foreplay and sex. You have a really complicated home life , he has past substance abuse problems , and now low self esteem is really kicking in. I’ve been there , it’s horrible. I hated myself for a while. I think being really adventurous helped.

He MUST get back on to using the pump at least daily. It really is a game changer. Can you have sex with pump and rings ?? If so go back to that. Or just go back to basics and lube and oral and toys and take the pressure off penetration and erection etc. It’s the same here. It’s hard to get help in some areas and they just don’t care once the surgery or treatment is done. Good luck