I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Bazza contd

User
Posted 07 May 2020 at 07:54

So, after a week of having a nephrostomy bag, my creatinine levels have plummeted from 55 to 12.2, just a little over the French normal range of a high of 11.7. Of course, I still have serious issues with incontinence cause caused by cancer involvement at the site of my original,prostatectomy but me and Tena can deal with that. I’m hopeful that on 18th, my surgeon will be confident to stent my right kidney and remove the need for my bag.

meanwhile, I’m still on Prostap injections, 11.25mg dose every six weeks which I’ve been on for 5 years now. With a rising PSA (120 - the French don’t hold much truck with PSA and consider it a cause of too much anxiety at this stage) and no other treatments, is there a real need to continue Prostap or should I discontinue. I know I am now in the final kind of chapter of this disease and wondered what the school of thought might be. I do not trust the oncologist here. In fact, I hate her. 

User
Posted 07 May 2020 at 14:02
Oh Bazza, I’m so chuffed to hear your QOL has at least improved a tiny bit and that you are home with your wife and more comfortable. I’m thinking ‘ if it ain’t broke don’t fix it ‘ !! Yes you may well be in the final chapter it seems , but I wonder what if any gains would be had from stopping HT ??

Sending our regards x

User
Posted 07 May 2020 at 15:11

Stay on the Prostap - stopping it for the sake of reducing side effects is a flawed plan if you turn out to be one of the unlucky ones where the benefit stops really quickly but the side effects hang around for months & months.

I wonder if you should ask about adding bicalutimide for a while to give the Prostap a boost? 

Do you hate her because of her or do you hate her because of what she represents?

Edited by member 07 May 2020 at 15:14  | Reason: Not specified

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 07 May 2020 at 15:22
Hating your oncologist certainly doesn't sound like the basis for a good doctor-patient relationship. Can you not at least try for tolerance?

Sounds like things are improving a little, which is good news.

Why not create a single thread and post all your updates to it, BTW? It would be easier to keep track of that a dozen separate ones.

Very best wishes,

Chris