I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Prostate cancer pains

User
Posted 13 May 2020 at 21:13

Hi, my  dad has been suffering from prostate cancer for 3 years now, we have been managing him but recently he started having severe pains that has defil pain relief drugs, he can sleep or do anything because of the pains, he always restless. Please I need advice on how to stop the pain

Regards

Rufus

User
Posted 14 May 2020 at 00:03

Rufus,

Sorry to hear about your dad, but you haven't given enough information. It would be useful to put the history of the disease, tests (including PSA history), and treatments into your profile so people can read it before answering.

Is your father Stage 4 and running out of treatment options?
What has his consultant said?
What type of medical care is being provided?
Also, say if you're outside the UK, where treatments may be different.

User
Posted 14 May 2020 at 01:12
Hi Rufus, I see you are in Nigeria where treatments can be quite different to the UK because of the cost. Can you tell us anything like whether he has hormone tablets or injections, whether his testicles have been removed, whether he has been told that the cancer has spread to his bones and what pain relief he is having?
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 14 May 2020 at 13:22

He is in stage 4 now, testicles was removed, the cancer has spread to the bone, he is on zoladex injection now and he is also taken some pain relief drugs, but the pains are getting severe and it's making him to be restless

User
Posted 14 May 2020 at 14:17
If he was in the UK, he would probably be given a form of morphine - either liquid or patches. Can you contact his doctor to ask for the pain relief to be adjusted?

Is he still eating & drinking?

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 15 May 2020 at 17:11

He is taking morphine and ibuprofen