I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Bone pain pain relief

User
Posted 15 May 2020 at 09:28

I have head of femur pain quite bad, sometimes very bad. I have Oxynorm 20mg tabs dissolve in mouth, 1 g Paracetamol, 400mg ibruprofen and Tramadol 75 and 150mg. Can anyone with real experience advise on the best combination to at least ease the pain. It’s fucting horrible!

User
Posted 15 May 2020 at 20:39

Hi Bazza,   I saw your other note, I can't see any posts by the people who might advise on this but you know they'll turn up in time.  Regards Peter

User
Posted 15 May 2020 at 23:21
Bazza, you may have written this at 9.30 this morning but it wasn't published until at least 8pm tonight - perhaps the moderators sat on it for a while because as you well know, this sort of question should be directed to your doctors rather than a forum of fellow PCa patients.

Ring your doctor or the palliative care team and tell them you need your pain meds to be reviewed.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 16 May 2020 at 00:43

Hi Bazza, 

It must be horrendous to be suffering so much pain.  I have been thinking about you and your wife ever since your recent traumatic hospital experience.

Having read your posts, you have shown great strength, courage and humour over the last ten years fighting this disease.  Stay strong and I hope you get the pain relief you need to help you.

You are both in my thoughts and prayers.

Angex

User
Posted 16 May 2020 at 08:48

Hi Bazza

I replied to your post yesterday but it hasn't appeared, I do not have an answer for you though as Tony does not have pain but I do hope you get an answer from someone in your position.

regards barbara