I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Tender nipples

User
Posted 15 May 2020 at 21:10

It is now a year since I finished my Zoladex treatment. 
For about nine months I have had very tender nipples which have become quite difficult. 

Has anyone else had this problem?

User
Posted 16 May 2020 at 06:42

Do you know if your testosterone has returned yet?
Any of the hormone therapy side effects reversed?

If not, it would be worth getting a testosterone test, and you might need Tamoxifen to prevent breast bud growth and tenderness until your testosterone returns. It can take 18 months to start returning, but can do so quite quickly once it starts.

User
Posted 16 May 2020 at 06:49

Hi

Thanks for the reply. 
I should have told the Registrars on my last two follow ups. 
Yes, testosterone is now 10.3 which surprised me. I was very negative and convinced it wasn’t coming back. 
Unfortunately. PSA has risen very slightly as well, so next blood test 3 months instead of 6. 

User
Posted 16 May 2020 at 14:09

In that case, I don't know. A question for your oncologist. It probably is related to hormones.

User
Posted 16 May 2020 at 14:35

Thanks. 
I forgot to ask her last time. 
It was a phone consultation, I am not keen on those. 

User
Posted 06 Sep 2020 at 11:21

I am 21 months since last zoladex injection and have now had sore nipples for about 3 months.  I havent had testosterone level checked but assume its OK as libido returned about 6 months ago (not that reduced penis is much use for other than self stimulation)

GP checked nipples but wasn't concerned. I thought it strange that it has developed so long after hormone treatment so was interested to see your post.

User
Posted 27 Feb 2022 at 14:17

I have developed tender, painful nipples also over the last 2 weeks. It's good to hear this is more than likely related to low testosterone and not something more sinister. I finished monthly Prostap injections last June 2021, 9 months now so, hopefully, this is not a permanent thing, no real problem if it is though.

User
Posted 27 Feb 2022 at 21:11

Same has happened to me just after Testosterone has fully returned. My concern was it might be an indication of more breast growth (which is generally what the pain is). I don't understand what causes this effect at this time. I have asked an Andrologist friend but he hasn't got back to me yet. I still have Tamoxifen on prescription "dose according to symptoms", although not needed it for a while. Put myself back on the Tamoxifen, and it got rid of the pain in a day.

If your situation is the same, I suspect it's happened when Testosterone has returned (timeframe is about right), and I have had a few guys mention this in the past when coming off hormone therapy. I don't think this is lack of Testosterone - mine was almost 20nmol/l two months ago, although I'd need another test to be sure it hadn't dropped for some reason.

User
Posted 27 Feb 2022 at 21:34

Hi,

As reported earlier in this thread I had the same experience after testosterone returned and was concerned at the time. The sensitivity disappeared after a few months without any breast growth.

Cheers

J