I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Effects of Bicalutamide on a 90 year old

User
Posted 24 May 2020 at 17:00

I have been on  Bicalutamide tablets for about five months. I am under the Prostate Cancer wing of the Royal Surrey Hospital in Guildford. I will be happy to share my experiences with anyone who is similarly approaching or at old age.

User
Posted 25 May 2020 at 00:06
Hi Derek. Interesting that your new consultant wants to repeat the bone scan - I guess the big question is, would it make any difference to your treatment options?
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 25 May 2020 at 00:28

Yes, I thought that Lynn given how expensive theoretically these must be to the National Health Service but it was clear the Consultant wanted everything to be under the control of the Royal Surrey Hospital. I cancelled the scheduled bone scan because it was in the first week of the lockdown and I thought at my age I stood more chance with the cancer than with the virus.  But everywhere there are now new arrangements in place to protect everyone.

User
Posted 25 May 2020 at 07:41

I do wonder if a bone scan can work after 5 months on HT?
It only shows bone growth/repair in the last 6 months, and unless you have become castrate resistant which I doubt, there won't have been much growth in last 6 months even if you do have mets.

Just speculating - don't know if this is really an issue.