Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Research - Living with a rising PSA

User
Posted 27 May 2020 at 10:35

Post on  behalf of Dr Steve Allen –

Hi All. In addition to being very closely involved with Prostate Cancer UK, I am also very involved with Tackle Prostate Cancer. I am their Patient Representative on several national bodies such as NICE and the Scottish Medicines Commission. From time to time, like Prostate Cancer UK, I am approached by various pharmaceutical companies who wish to have contact with patients and gain from their input. I have recently had one such request.

The company concerned would like to speak with men who have advanced / metastatic prostate cancer with still a rising PSA. Patients may have already had treatment with hormones, chemotherapy, and possibly Abiraterone / Enzalutamide.  The pharma company are keen to know more about living with metastatic prostate cancer with an elevating PSA. They would like to get insights into what that has been like for the patient and his family, and where they turned to for hope and information.

This would be a very informal sort of chat via a video link. I would be happy to also be part of that chat if it made things easier.

If you wish to take part or know someone who might, please do get in contact with me: steve.allen@tackleprostate.org.

Sue

Peer Support Manager