I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

stomach ache?

User
Posted 27 May 2020 at 13:36

Hi, Been four months post op and doing fine slowly but surely.

Ive been having slight stomach aches after after been working (Im a luthier) It feels not unlike the morning after my op. Is this still my body settling down after the op and maybe I should still be taking it a bit easier? It goes straight away when I sit down btw.

or is is something to be concerned about?

Thanks

Terry

User
Posted 27 May 2020 at 18:59
You've had major abdominal surgery during which all sorts of abdominal muscles were cut. These take months to fully mend. The pain is your body's way of telling you that you're overdoing it - listen to it!

I still get occasional muscular twinges if I overdo things 21 months after having robotic surgery to remove my left kidney. After such major surgery I don't think that things ever go entirely back to the way they were before, unfortunately.

Best wishes,

Chris

User
Posted 27 May 2020 at 23:08
I think Chris is right but if it gets worse over time, ask your doctor about whether it could be adhesions developing.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 28 May 2020 at 08:41

I will keep an eye on it.Starts when Ive been standing along time but goes as soon as I sit down.Thanks

User
Posted 29 May 2020 at 10:22

A luthier is a new one and I had to look it up.  Sounds interesting.  Perhaps pulling strings puts stress on the stomach muscles.

If you can judge at what point it gets sore and don't go that far in future, it should slowly improve.