I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

First blood test after op

User
Posted 01 Jun 2020 at 21:42

Evening all its been five weeks since my radical prostatectomy op it's time for blood test tomorrow and a appointment with the consultant next week for results feeling very apprehensive, Carlos53 if you are reading this I have tried to message you but your in box is full and won't let me send it 

User
Posted 02 Jun 2020 at 09:02

Bakerboy

Just on the way to get mine done six years after op , it does get easier, for some of us. 

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 02 Jun 2020 at 10:12
"Test anxiety" never really goes away for most men. It gets easier, but it never completely disappears. I get my PSA tests done by the nurse at my GP's surgery, which means I see the results on their online system within 24h (or sometimes even later on the same day as the test). That certainly helps with the anxiety. Might be worth asking if you could do the same.

Best wishes,

Chris

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 02 Jun 2020 at 09:02

Bakerboy

Just on the way to get mine done six years after op , it does get easier, for some of us. 

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 02 Jun 2020 at 10:12
"Test anxiety" never really goes away for most men. It gets easier, but it never completely disappears. I get my PSA tests done by the nurse at my GP's surgery, which means I see the results on their online system within 24h (or sometimes even later on the same day as the test). That certainly helps with the anxiety. Might be worth asking if you could do the same.

Best wishes,

Chris

User
Posted 02 Jun 2020 at 11:43

Hi Tim.

good luck today my friend, I will empty inbox immediately. Let me know how you get on.

Carl.

User
Posted 02 Jun 2020 at 15:57

Thank you for your kind message, unfortunately as a new member I’m not able to respond to private messages....we have been called into hospital tomorrow for my husbands results and absolutely terrified for him.

User
Posted 02 Jun 2020 at 18:16

Hi Moozel

Hope all goes well tomorrow stay strong and as positive as you can. 

Carl.