I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Prostatectomy, adjuvant RT, PSA still rising, what next?

User
Posted 09 Jun 2020 at 06:02

Three friends and I underwent prostatectomies two years ago. Three had recurrence and underwent successful adjuvant RT.

However, one has now had another recurrence with three-monthly PSA readings of 0.01, 0.01 and 0.03. (in Coventry, of course all those under 0.1 would be classed as “undetectable”...).

He is awaiting a further test in a couple of months, and assuming another increase then, what is likely to be the way forward for him?

Many thanks.

Cheers, John.

User
Posted 09 Jun 2020 at 08:48
He hasn't had another recurrence yet, it might just be his natural PSA levelling.

If his PSA continued to rise over say 0.2, he may be deemed as having a recurrence but depending on the onco, they may not act until it reaches 5 or 10.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 09 Jun 2020 at 12:08

John

I had a post RARP  PSA of 0.03, once the PSA went over 0.2 I then had SRT. Post SRT my PSA went down to 0.08.

My PSA started to rise again and is now at 0.41, the original plan was to wait until it reaches 1.0 before having one of the detailed scans. I   have a telephone consultation tomorrow with the onco nurse. 

Thanks Chris