I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

6 monthly checkup t3b no mo

User
Posted 16 Jun 2020 at 12:23

hi,just got the results of my 6 month check 0.03,last one was 0.04, while i know thats ok ,my testosterone is below ref limit not recovering at all im skin and bones without test,my last zoladex jab was april 2016,ive been wandering if it would be safe to take testerone supplements just to increase my test a little bit,any help please. i am t3b no mo.

User
Posted 16 Jun 2020 at 16:07
You need to ask the oncologist or your GP, radar - have you got a review appointment any time soon?
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 16 Jun 2020 at 16:40

I was on testosterone therapy before I was diagnosed. I did ask if the testosterone therapy contributed to my PCa, the doctors said that its was unlikely as the level was kept below what would be normal for me.

The testosterone therapy was however, stopped immediately following diagnosis and my GP has told me to "stay off it". 

So I have low testosterone and ED. 

I suppose you have to ask your doctors, as always, everybody varies.

John

Gleason 6 = 3+3 PSA 8.8 P. volume 48 cc Left Cores 3/3, Volume = 20% PSA 10.8 Feb '19 PSA 1.2

Jan '20 PSA 0.3 July '20 0.1 Jan. 21 < 0.1 Dec 21 <0.01 June '22 <0.01 April '23  <0.01

User
Posted 16 Jun 2020 at 17:04
Well most guys, me included, seem to put on weight and I wonder whether there could be another explanation for your losing weight. I would have a word with your GP.
Barry
User
Posted 16 Jun 2020 at 18:22
thanks,lyn i dont get review appointments,just 6 monthly psa checks,my test is below low reference limit,its not the weight loss its muscle mass and bone density ,barry regards putting on weight with zoladex the weight goes to your stomach,the problem with me even when i eat a lot it goes to my stomach and nowhere else,i suppose i will just have to put up with it,thanks.