I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Surgery whilst on hormone theraphy

User
Posted 16 Jun 2020 at 15:17

Hi guys, apologies if I’ve put this on the wrong forum but I’ve just been told I can’t have an operation on my shoulder until I’ve completed my hormone treatment. I’ve got another 2.5 years to go and I’m in agony with my shoulder! Has anyone had a shoulder operation or similar whilst they’ve been on hormone treatment or would anyone have any opinions as to why I can’t have this operation?
Many thanks in anticipation......John

User
Posted 16 Jun 2020 at 16:59
Gosh, never heard anything like it! Perhaps ask your oncologist for a view and then put your oncologist and orthapaedic surgeon in touch with each other?

Do you have bone mets?

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 16 Jun 2020 at 17:37

Is the shoulder operation going to involve any bone healing afterwards? I could imagine that might be a problem without testosterone to drive the osteoblasts (which repair bone), although not a restriction I've come across before.

User
Posted 16 Jun 2020 at 18:06

Hi,

I believe it involves a shaving of the bone where there’s a spur so I don’t think much in the way of bone healing as such but there again I’m no surgeon! Many thanks for the ply though 😀👍

User
Posted 16 Jun 2020 at 18:12

Hi, no bone mets I'm glad to report and your suggestion of a discussion between the two parties is a very sound one. It’s getting them to talk that’s the hardest bit!!
I’m just about coming to terms with having MS so it’s a lot to deal with at the moment, never knew retirement from the Fire Service could be so much fun!!😂😂👍