Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Enzalutamide is it worth it

User
Posted 26 Jun 2020 at 17:01

Hi

so after 3 good years things have rapidly deteriorated . Scans in Feb showed extensive bone nets in spine up to the base of the skull and both femurs aortic lymph nodes ? Small nodules in lung!  Started in Enzlutamide the side effects have been severe dizziness nausea intense pain in feet ankles etc constipation and breathlessness . Has any one else had any similar experiences and do the side effects improve ? 

User
Posted 26 Jun 2020 at 20:45
Some men do have this reaction more severely than others. If the side effects are very bad and he has been on enza for less than 3 months, he is allowed (under NICE guidelines) to swap to abiraterone but you would need to contact the onco or allocated nurse quickly to request it. If he has already passed the 12 week mark, he will need to decide whether he can live with the side effects or needs to stop treatment.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 28 Jun 2020 at 14:02
Hello

I've been on enzalutamide for 5.5 years and it's been ok for me. I haven't had any of the side effects you described. I was taking abiraterone for a period but had to drop it due to stomach issues.

It's different for everyone and all I can relate are my own experiences.

Good luck and keep posting

Paul

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 26 Jun 2020 at 20:45
Some men do have this reaction more severely than others. If the side effects are very bad and he has been on enza for less than 3 months, he is allowed (under NICE guidelines) to swap to abiraterone but you would need to contact the onco or allocated nurse quickly to request it. If he has already passed the 12 week mark, he will need to decide whether he can live with the side effects or needs to stop treatment.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 28 Jun 2020 at 14:02
Hello

I've been on enzalutamide for 5.5 years and it's been ok for me. I haven't had any of the side effects you described. I was taking abiraterone for a period but had to drop it due to stomach issues.

It's different for everyone and all I can relate are my own experiences.

Good luck and keep posting

Paul

User
Posted 28 Jun 2020 at 14:23

Thank you

I will phone the nurse tomorrow as he is also very breathless on excretion , probably anaemia! Hopefully he can start the other drug 

User
Posted 29 Jun 2020 at 00:25

Hello Paul,

How and why did you start on Enzalutamide five and a half years ago ? Did you ever try chemo ? Early days for me only being diagnosed with advanced p c back in February. PSA score never that big ie 6.4 now down to 0.4 on Biculatamide and Zoladex. Might be offered Enzalutamide so wondering what to do ?

User
Posted 29 Jun 2020 at 01:32

Hello Paul,

Have now found and read your profile . Most heartening. Cheers Ian/arranphil.