Show search

Notification

Error
<12

Our dear Bazza

User
Posted 16 Jul 2020 at 09:23

Thank you Lexi, 

Your dad's posts and humour were an inspiration to many. I'm glad he managed to see the start of the cricket. I think you can see from all these comments how well respected and loved he was on this forum. 

Lexi and all the family look after yourselves. The death of one's parent is a hard time to go through.

Best wishes as things move forward. 

Dave

User
Posted 16 Jul 2020 at 09:50
Dear Lexi

I was very sorry to hear about your Dad. He made a huge and valuable contribution to this Forum since 2010 and provided many with thoughts and information about prostate cancer. Your Dad's input to the Forum will be greatly missed.

Condolences to you and your family.

Alan

User
Posted 16 Jul 2020 at 10:27

Hi Lexi, thoughts and prayers go to you and your family and especially for your inspirational Dad. I am very sad to hear your news but believe when I say your Dad made a massive difference to a lot of people’s lives on here, gave them strength and clarity when things were tough.

Deepest Sympathy 

Carl. X

User
Posted 16 Jul 2020 at 12:16

Lexi, I am so sorry to hear about your dad.  He was such an inspiration and I loved reading his musings.   He gave me loads of good advice when my own dad had advanced prostate cancer.  Sadly my dad died in Jan 18 but I've always appreciated your dad's help.

Take time to grieve for your dad but I hope it helps you to know we've all got a bit of a Bazza shaped hole in our lives 

Thinking of you and your family xxx

User
Posted 16 Jul 2020 at 15:06
Lexi, your Dad was an inspiration to so many of us on here. Always so eloquently informing us of how his journey was going, knowing the knowledge would help others. You should be very proud of him.

May he rest in peace.

Sending love,

Chris

User
Posted 16 Jul 2020 at 18:43

Sorry to hear of your loss. I am a recent member of the forum , but always read your dads posts with interest- sad news indeed

User
Posted 16 Jul 2020 at 22:22
Heartbroken.

Fly free Bazza, my dearest friend; you beat the demons xxx

Thanks for letting us know, Lexi.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 16 Jul 2020 at 22:25
PS Sadie was one of the PCUK staff - I think the moderators will have seen your post.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 16 Jul 2020 at 23:59

Dear Bazza,

Thank you for your talented writings, wit, advice and support to many here. Your 

posts helped me through dark days. 

You are free of the pain now.

Thank you Lexi for letting us know, my thoughts are with you and your family.

Leila 

User
Posted 17 Jul 2020 at 01:39

Lexi, 

I'm so sorry to hear that your Dad, our friend Bazza, finally lost his battle against this awful disease. He did so much to raise my spirits and many others, with his inspirational writing.

My thoughts are with you and your family at this sad time. 

Love, 

Steve 

User
Posted 17 Jul 2020 at 17:42

Sincere condolences to you ALL.

User
Posted 20 Jul 2020 at 07:11

Gutted

User
Posted 22 Jul 2020 at 10:55

I just wanted to say another thank you to all those who have said such wonderful things about dad. The reality still hasn’t sunk in I feel I am talking about someone else. I wanted to share a link with you all - a local paper dad regularly wrote for paid its respects and as you all shared such intimate moments with my dad albeit remotely I felt you should share this also. You don’t realise but reading your comments about dad has been a huge comfort so thank you 

https://www.hertsad.co.uk/news/i-thank-you-farewell-to-writer-barry-cashin-1-6751242

User
Posted 22 Jul 2020 at 17:26

Thank you Lexi, for sharing that. My father died quite a few years ago, fortunately he was lucky to live to a good old age. It does all seem unreal that someone who has been in your life forever just is not there anymore. Take care of yourselves.

Dave

User
Posted 22 Jul 2020 at 17:42

Such sad news.  Great newspaper article - I didn’t know half of that stuff about dear Bazza.

Ulsterman

User
Posted 22 Jul 2020 at 23:20

I only joined this forum last December and started reading your Dad’s posts and just in that short space of time I felt an emotional connection to a very special person.
Such a difficult and sad time for you all Lexi and I can relate to how it all seems so unreal. My lovely Mom passed away thirty years ago when she was 62 and I can honestly say it was the worst day of my life and I couldn’t understand how we as a family could all carry on without her.  People say time is a good healer and it’s hard to think so in the present but eventually tears of sadness become tears of happiness when remembering  precious times together, such happy memories.  Now I am making memories with my own children and their children and so life goes on.........

Thinking of you all.

God Bless,

Love Ange x

User
Posted 23 Jul 2020 at 00:01

So very sorry Lexi to read about the loss of your dad. Losing a family member is devastating at any time but so painful when taken before their time. Having read Bazza’s posts they have given so many enjoyment and inspiration over the years. The newspaper article another testament to his great skills as a writer. 

wishing you and your family love at this sad time but so pleased that you can take comfort from the kind words written by so many forum members. 

SunnyJane 🙏 xx 

User
Posted 23 Jul 2020 at 15:10

Lexi

Thanks for posting the Obituary. Spent an hour reading some of the late great Mr Cashins blogs and almost split my sides laughing.

He had a wonderful way with words your dad. This forum will be a poorer place without him.

John

User
Posted 24 Jul 2020 at 21:13
My Condolances
User
Posted 25 Jul 2020 at 08:57

We all will miss his postings , hard to believe he is gone 

Regards Barry

User
Posted 25 Jul 2020 at 17:37

Although we knew this was coming still so sad to hear of Bazza's passing. Yet another good man taken long before his time. Whoever said this was an old man's disease and one of the better cancers to get don't have a clue what they are talking about. 

Ann

User
Posted 30 Jul 2020 at 09:43

RIP Bazza. Thoughts are with you all.