Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error
12>

Our dear Bazza

User
Posted 27 Jun 2020 at 22:32

It seems the endless uselessness of this site ( although well meant ) is preventing a dear brother from even posting whilst his light is fading day by day. I love PCUK  but this website is tragically amateur and remains so day after day ,week after week, and month after month. I have a friend that could sort it in hours yet I’ve been on here 5 years. I can’t even find my own story on the search facility despite it being one of the most massive threads. Anyway I hope here are our Bazzas latest words xx 

Chris

please can you post this for me pal. I seem to be being denied all time. Contacted admin but no joy cheers brother

And so it came to pass, I am now down to 9st 13lb from an average weight of 14st 7lb. I have not eaten anything in ten days as I cannot keep anything in my mouth down. Anti sickness pills fail to work. I drink but sugary drinks only for the calories and with great difficulty as my left clavicle lymph is so swollen, it has impinged on my voice box and I can only talk in laboured whispers. It is true to say I now feel the cold whispers of death coming ever closer. 

The worse thing are the leg tremors. These are getting progressively worse as my kidneys fail. I have elected no further bloods. What is the point when your nephrologist makes throat cutting gestures about the imminence if my demise and my GP shrugs his shoulders every time his €75 a pop home visits elicit nothing in the way of a solution to ease my discomfort but a French shrug of the shoulders and the curious aroma of stale tobacco and cheap aftershave. It’s weird watching my body die cell by cell. 

I live in the middle of, well, complete rurality. The local medical set up here seems geared up for nothing more taxing than a farming accident or 85 year olds otherwise in rude health save for a bout of painful piles. 

A visit to a pharmacy is a nightmare often involving (thankfully not for me as I have zero strength to even stand) an hour long wait while everything is paperised, photocopied on paper in triplicate then photocopied again on paper of course for good measure. Only to be told of course nothing is available on the prescription for a day or two. 

Now, when I lift my head, it feels like lead weights trying to shut my eyes. Thank God I’m not in too much pain. I have morphine patches but have self elected not to just take morphine tablets just to go asleep when impending death is so much more efficient in eliciting tiredness.

I reckon (and I don’t have a clue) that I have at most four weeks. I so badly want to live long enough to watch the first cricket test of the summer. How I miss England, my former life. My health. How deeply unhappy I am now. 

Please pray for me to see the test match starting 8th July.

Bazza

User
Posted 22 Jul 2020 at 10:55

I just wanted to say another thank you to all those who have said such wonderful things about dad. The reality still hasn’t sunk in I feel I am talking about someone else. I wanted to share a link with you all - a local paper dad regularly wrote for paid its respects and as you all shared such intimate moments with my dad albeit remotely I felt you should share this also. You don’t realise but reading your comments about dad has been a huge comfort so thank you 

https://www.hertsad.co.uk/news/i-thank-you-farewell-to-writer-barry-cashin-1-6751242

User
Posted 27 Jun 2020 at 22:32

It seems the endless uselessness of this site ( although well meant ) is preventing a dear brother from even posting whilst his light is fading day by day. I love PCUK  but this website is tragically amateur and remains so day after day ,week after week, and month after month. I have a friend that could sort it in hours yet I’ve been on here 5 years. I can’t even find my own story on the search facility despite it being one of the most massive threads. Anyway I hope here are our Bazzas latest words xx 

Chris

please can you post this for me pal. I seem to be being denied all time. Contacted admin but no joy cheers brother

And so it came to pass, I am now down to 9st 13lb from an average weight of 14st 7lb. I have not eaten anything in ten days as I cannot keep anything in my mouth down. Anti sickness pills fail to work. I drink but sugary drinks only for the calories and with great difficulty as my left clavicle lymph is so swollen, it has impinged on my voice box and I can only talk in laboured whispers. It is true to say I now feel the cold whispers of death coming ever closer. 

The worse thing are the leg tremors. These are getting progressively worse as my kidneys fail. I have elected no further bloods. What is the point when your nephrologist makes throat cutting gestures about the imminence if my demise and my GP shrugs his shoulders every time his €75 a pop home visits elicit nothing in the way of a solution to ease my discomfort but a French shrug of the shoulders and the curious aroma of stale tobacco and cheap aftershave. It’s weird watching my body die cell by cell. 

I live in the middle of, well, complete rurality. The local medical set up here seems geared up for nothing more taxing than a farming accident or 85 year olds otherwise in rude health save for a bout of painful piles. 

A visit to a pharmacy is a nightmare often involving (thankfully not for me as I have zero strength to even stand) an hour long wait while everything is paperised, photocopied on paper in triplicate then photocopied again on paper of course for good measure. Only to be told of course nothing is available on the prescription for a day or two. 

Now, when I lift my head, it feels like lead weights trying to shut my eyes. Thank God I’m not in too much pain. I have morphine patches but have self elected not to just take morphine tablets just to go asleep when impending death is so much more efficient in eliciting tiredness.

I reckon (and I don’t have a clue) that I have at most four weeks. I so badly want to live long enough to watch the first cricket test of the summer. How I miss England, my former life. My health. How deeply unhappy I am now. 

Please pray for me to see the test match starting 8th July.

Bazza

User
Posted 15 Jul 2020 at 21:55

To all the kind voices... 

I wanted to come on hear to thank you all. We haven't spoken before but I was asked by my dearest Dada (Bazza) to contact you when the time came.

He fought courageously but very sadly lost his long and torturous battle and was taken from the life that he so enjoyed on Saturday 11th July 2020. 

He didn't ask, but I wanted to thank you so much comfort you all gave him towards the end. 

He mentioned specifically either ''admin'' or Sadie or Lyn Eyre or Exbus (member)....I have not used this space before so not exactly sure who this is or if it makes sense but I know everyone's kindess and love kept him warm.

It's very hard to know exactly what words to write when I am still processing the news myself but I wanted to share this with you and wish you all much love

Bazza's Daughter (Lexi) 

P.S He made the first summer test match but missed day 5...although I'm sure would have been gutted to see the W Indies walk it!

Edited by member 15 Jul 2020 at 22:08  | Reason: Update on his wish to see the first test of the season

User
Posted 27 Jun 2020 at 23:00

This breaks my heart - dear Bazza we have followed your story for so long and we have been on a similar path this year. I am so sorry that you are so unhappy and that you are unable to eat now. Do they have those protein drinks in France? 

Wishing you peace and love for all of your days. May you get all your remaining wishes and know that from a distance we all think so much of you.

User
Posted 16 Jul 2020 at 09:50
Dear Lexi

I was very sorry to hear about your Dad. He made a huge and valuable contribution to this Forum since 2010 and provided many with thoughts and information about prostate cancer. Your Dad's input to the Forum will be greatly missed.

Condolences to you and your family.

Alan

User
Posted 28 Jun 2020 at 02:05

Dearest Bazza, 

So heartbreaking to think of you so unhappy and struggling. Much love to you and I hope that your pain continues to be manageable. 

Although I’d rather poke my wet finger into a faulty electric socket than watch cricket, I pray that you get your wish my friend. 

All the love in the world,

Vicky xxx 

Broken crayons still colour 

User
Posted 28 Jun 2020 at 13:20
Sorry to learn the way things are going for Bazza. Thank you for keeping us posted Chris. We can do without the added frustrations caused by the inability of this Charity to get the forum to work properly. I suggest Prostate Cancer UK commision the people involved who organize supermarket deliveries. My supermarket does a fantastic job with people constantly editing their orders up to a few hours before delivery and updating hundreds of items, allocating slots and so on. We don't even get an apology from Prostate Cancer UK about problems that have gone on for so long.
Barry
User
Posted 29 Jun 2020 at 22:48

Dear Bazza

Quite simply an inspiration and your light will shine brightly in those you have affected with your honesty, integrity, emotion, and intellect. 

Take care brother in this life and the next

Carlos.

User
Posted 15 Jul 2020 at 22:03

My thoughts are with you at this very  sad time 🌹

Edited by member 15 Jul 2020 at 22:03  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 15 Jul 2020 at 22:04
So very very sorry Lexi , but have been waiting for news. Bazza was a massive help to me on my journey and although he wasn’t a regular on the forum for quite a while he will be missed by so very many. Strength and love to you all , and Rest In Peace friend.
User
Posted 15 Jul 2020 at 22:06

My sincere condolences to you and your family.

Your father was a tough cookie, an inspiration to many and will be a hard act to follow.

He will remembered by many.

Rest easy Bazza

Roger
User
Posted 15 Jul 2020 at 23:12

Lexi

So sorry to hear the sad news, he will be missed. Please accept my sincere condolences.

Rest in peace Bazza.

User
Posted 15 Jul 2020 at 23:36
So sorry to hear this news Lexi. I was only thinking about your dad today.

What a tonic he was for me when I got diagnosed.

John (Jasper)x

User
Posted 15 Jul 2020 at 23:54

Hi Lexi,

I obviously never meet your dad, however felt I had known him for years.

Take care and many thanks for posting.   

Best wishes Gordon

User
Posted 15 Jul 2020 at 23:55

So sorry to hear about your lovely dad Lexi. Please accept my condolences.

Clare

User
Posted 16 Jul 2020 at 00:32

I am so sorry to hear this news and send my sincere condolences to all your family. He was special and  it was good to talk to him. You can become fond of someone you never know. He was brave and so articulate. Look after each other. Xx

Edited by member 16 Jul 2020 at 14:48  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 16 Jul 2020 at 01:46
Lexi,

Thank you for letting us know of the sad passing of your Dad, although of course it's sad news. You are doubtless aware of the affection members of this forum felt tor him. My condolences.

y

Barry
User
Posted 16 Jul 2020 at 06:47

Hi Lexi,

So sad to hear of your Dads passing he was a lovely man that had a great way with words that helped comfort a lot of us but also a great sense of humour that we all loved,Thank you for letting us know.

Regards John.

User
Posted 16 Jul 2020 at 07:13
Lexi,

So sorry to hear your sad news.

Regards Barbara. xxxxxxx

User
Posted 16 Jul 2020 at 07:21

Dear Lexi, so sorry to read this.

Bazza was a legend, his positivity, belief and longevity with this disease gave me hope when I first came to this site nearly 6 years ago.  I know he struggled with many things in the last few months but now I believe is resting in peace for eternity.

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019

User
Posted 16 Jul 2020 at 07:37
So sorry Lexi. Such a sad loss for this forum and even more so for you and your family.

RIP Bazza

Cheers

Bill

User
Posted 16 Jul 2020 at 07:52

R.I.P Bazza
Thoughts at this sad time to all of his family .
Debby

Edited by member 16 Jul 2020 at 08:16  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 16 Jul 2020 at 07:59

Dear Lexi,

So sorry to hear your lovely Dada, Bazza, has passed.  My condolences to you all at this very sad time.

Rest in Peace Bazza.

Thinking of you all.

Ange x

User
Posted 16 Jul 2020 at 08:07
Sorry to hear the sad news Lexi although it was not of course unexpected. Many of us here have been inspired by his postings. It seems rather strange feeling almost in tears over somebody who one has never met. Rest in peace Bazza.

Dave

User
Posted 16 Jul 2020 at 09:03

Dear Lexi, so sorry to hear your Dad, Bazza, has passed.

My condolences to you and your family.

Glad he managed to see some of the test match.

Ido4

User
Posted 16 Jul 2020 at 09:15

Very sad to hear - dear Bazza. Rest in peace Spartacus!

Flexi

User
Posted 16 Jul 2020 at 09:23

Thank you Lexi, 

Your dad's posts and humour were an inspiration to many. I'm glad he managed to see the start of the cricket. I think you can see from all these comments how well respected and loved he was on this forum. 

Lexi and all the family look after yourselves. The death of one's parent is a hard time to go through.

Best wishes as things move forward. 

Dave

User
Posted 16 Jul 2020 at 10:27

Hi Lexi, thoughts and prayers go to you and your family and especially for your inspirational Dad. I am very sad to hear your news but believe when I say your Dad made a massive difference to a lot of people’s lives on here, gave them strength and clarity when things were tough.

Deepest Sympathy 

Carl. X

User
Posted 16 Jul 2020 at 12:16

Lexi, I am so sorry to hear about your dad.  He was such an inspiration and I loved reading his musings.   He gave me loads of good advice when my own dad had advanced prostate cancer.  Sadly my dad died in Jan 18 but I've always appreciated your dad's help.

Take time to grieve for your dad but I hope it helps you to know we've all got a bit of a Bazza shaped hole in our lives 

Thinking of you and your family xxx

User
Posted 16 Jul 2020 at 15:06
Lexi, your Dad was an inspiration to so many of us on here. Always so eloquently informing us of how his journey was going, knowing the knowledge would help others. You should be very proud of him.

May he rest in peace.

Sending love,

Chris

User
Posted 16 Jul 2020 at 18:43

Sorry to hear of your loss. I am a recent member of the forum , but always read your dads posts with interest- sad news indeed

User
Posted 16 Jul 2020 at 22:22
Heartbroken.

Fly free Bazza, my dearest friend; you beat the demons xxx

Thanks for letting us know, Lexi.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 16 Jul 2020 at 22:25
PS Sadie was one of the PCUK staff - I think the moderators will have seen your post.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 16 Jul 2020 at 23:59

Dear Bazza,

Thank you for your talented writings, wit, advice and support to many here. Your 

posts helped me through dark days. 

You are free of the pain now.

Thank you Lexi for letting us know, my thoughts are with you and your family.

Leila 

User
Posted 17 Jul 2020 at 01:39

Lexi, 

I'm so sorry to hear that your Dad, our friend Bazza, finally lost his battle against this awful disease. He did so much to raise my spirits and many others, with his inspirational writing.

My thoughts are with you and your family at this sad time. 

Love, 

Steve 

User
Posted 17 Jul 2020 at 17:42

Sincere condolences to you ALL.

User
Posted 20 Jul 2020 at 07:11

Gutted

User
Posted 22 Jul 2020 at 17:26

Thank you Lexi, for sharing that. My father died quite a few years ago, fortunately he was lucky to live to a good old age. It does all seem unreal that someone who has been in your life forever just is not there anymore. Take care of yourselves.

Dave

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 27 Jun 2020 at 23:00

This breaks my heart - dear Bazza we have followed your story for so long and we have been on a similar path this year. I am so sorry that you are so unhappy and that you are unable to eat now. Do they have those protein drinks in France? 

Wishing you peace and love for all of your days. May you get all your remaining wishes and know that from a distance we all think so much of you.

User
Posted 27 Jun 2020 at 23:30

Dear Bazza

It is truly heartbreaking to read how you are feeling.  I pray that when you sleep you will only dream of all the happy times and precious moments you have shared with your loved ones.  I will also pray that you are able to watch the first cricket test of the summer.

God Bless you.

Angex

User
Posted 27 Jun 2020 at 23:46

Bazza 

Sad to read of your situation , I hope you get your wishes , thinking of you both. 

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 28 Jun 2020 at 00:02
Bazza I am so sorry to read this post. This disease needs to go the way of others that the human race has conquered and I am sorry it hasn’t happened already. I know you have daughters not sons but if they have sons one day in the future let it be in a world with a vaccine so this conversation goes the way of diphtheria, polio etc

For you I look forward to hearing that cricket can restart. It wouldn’t have meant anything to me before tonight but now it does.

Sad news

Clare

User
Posted 28 Jun 2020 at 00:22
Praying as asked. Stay strong
User
Posted 28 Jun 2020 at 00:39

Bazza I feel for you. I'm not far into this disease I hope I'm cured, or that science advances faster than my cancer. I never paid much attention to cricket, but I will watch it on 8th of July in solidarity with you. Going through what you are going through with Covid hampering everything must be hell.

I've just remembered my holidays in France and the hundreds of green crosses representing pharmacies on almost every street corner, hard to believe they have so many pharmacies and they turn out to be useless.

Hang on in there only ten days til the test match.

Dave

User
Posted 28 Jun 2020 at 02:05

Dearest Bazza, 

So heartbreaking to think of you so unhappy and struggling. Much love to you and I hope that your pain continues to be manageable. 

Although I’d rather poke my wet finger into a faulty electric socket than watch cricket, I pray that you get your wish my friend. 

All the love in the world,

Vicky xxx 

Broken crayons still colour 

User
Posted 28 Jun 2020 at 10:31

Dear Bazza, you have been a legend in your lifetime here. I hope what short future you have is as calm and pain free as can be . Missing you already.

Kev 

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019

User
Posted 28 Jun 2020 at 13:20
Sorry to learn the way things are going for Bazza. Thank you for keeping us posted Chris. We can do without the added frustrations caused by the inability of this Charity to get the forum to work properly. I suggest Prostate Cancer UK commision the people involved who organize supermarket deliveries. My supermarket does a fantastic job with people constantly editing their orders up to a few hours before delivery and updating hundreds of items, allocating slots and so on. We don't even get an apology from Prostate Cancer UK about problems that have gone on for so long.
Barry
User
Posted 28 Jun 2020 at 15:22

I will hold you in my prayers Bazza and hope you will find peace and comfort watching your cricket 😘 

User
Posted 28 Jun 2020 at 16:47
I assume that Bazza wouldn't have the same problem if he updated an existing thread rather than starting a new one each time.

My worry is that you (Bazza) might be doing that because you can't find existing threads which means you might not be seeing any of the messages from us all? I think, having started each thread, you rarely comment on people's messages which isn't like you at all. Are you seeing the love & prayers from people who love you, and the thank yous and support from others who have read your threads and found them helpful over the years?

User
Posted 28 Jun 2020 at 17:12

Bazza,

Hoping you can find the strength and fortitude to watch not just the first test but the series - and I'm talking Pakistan, not the Windies!

Best

Flexi

User
Posted 28 Jun 2020 at 17:18
I think he’s just very poorly Lyn. He contacted me late last night as I’d told him everyone was wishing and thinking for him , and wanted to hear from him if he was capable. I’m distraught at the moment for him and us all :-((
User
Posted 28 Jun 2020 at 19:27

Bazza it sounds like you are now onto Marks Rocky Road ,
Stay pain free for the cricket
best wishs 

Barry

User
Posted 28 Jun 2020 at 19:45

So sorry to hear Bazza that your journey is coming to an end. Just hope your destination is whatever you dream of and that you can remain pain free.

Ann

User
Posted 28 Jun 2020 at 20:46
You've been a total inspiration to everyone on this board Bazza and will be sorely missed.

Your musings and insight are incredible, personally you've been a great help to me helping me in the early days after diagnosis to mentally get my head round a disease that will end both our lives prematurely.

Stay strong fella and pain free.

John (Jasper) x

User
Posted 28 Jun 2020 at 21:42

Thankfully seeing messages and feeling the love Lyn xxx

User
Posted 28 Jun 2020 at 22:02
I am so thankful to see this! Don't you bugger off without saying goodbye - not after all these years.

I hate cricket though, too many years of having to produce sandwiches, scones and cups of tea every Saturday afternoon :-(

User
Posted 28 Jun 2020 at 22:31

Bazza, this breaks my heart. I pray for you brother as requested.

Love, Ian.

Ido4

User
Posted 29 Jun 2020 at 02:33

Hi Bazza, 

Sending my love and prayers. 

Thank you for your inspirational writing over the years that have helped me and many others so much.

I hope you can be released of pain and suffering in your remaining days.  

Where ever we all finally end up, we will always be together as the special community we always have been, caring for each other at times when we need it the most. 

God Bless, 

Steve 

User
Posted 29 Jun 2020 at 02:39

Lyn

you have been a font of knowledge and reassurance over many years. When I used to have kittens because my PSA had gone up 0.00000000001%, you made me see how silly I was being. I was anxiety personified and you perfectly calmed my storm.

you’ve been and remain the core of this forum for so very many members. All I ask as we go forward is that you kick the charity into shape about the management of this forum so that it works seamlessly for all its members. I am technically very literate yet have been so frustrated with non working simple technology.

Lyn, thank you deeply from me for your love and support. It’s time for some other fella with writers’ diarrhoea to take up the mighty pen now.  Time for my big sleep

Barry xxxxxxx

User
Posted 29 Jun 2020 at 11:04

Bazza, praying that you are able to watch the cricket and maybe even some decent play.....

Phil

User
Posted 29 Jun 2020 at 12:07
You were diagnosed a month after John, you had salvage RT a month after John ... and then the two paths diverged. You were always so anxious; I was brutal sometimes but I knew you were giving me a window into what John might be feeling & not expressing. 'Don't sweat the small stuff' - 'Don't waste today worrying about something that might happen tomorrow' - 'Life is for living' we all used to say, but I think it is human nature to do this.

You have coped with terrible things that the old you swore you would never be able to cope with. You recognised situations or people who were unsupportive or toxic and you chose a more difficult path because it was your right to spend whatever time you had left feeling loved and safe. You have been strong, much stronger than you thought you could be.

Love you loads, my friend ... my heart is breaking x

User
Posted 29 Jun 2020 at 12:13

And a link to one of our favourite old threads - Nimeniton (Ben)

http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/posts/t9135-The-moon-reflects--a-greater-light-not-its-own?=#post9135

User
Posted 29 Jun 2020 at 12:19
Hi Bazza.

It’s with great sadness to read of your present situation. I can’t see of another such person taking up the baton of writing such fine tales, which I’ve enjoyed reading over the years.

Why would a cricket lover want to live in France, no need to answer that, I know full well why your in France, it has to be the wine.

It will be 15 years at the end of this year since I was diagnosed, but I don’t think I’ve many left. Thank heavens for pain killers. However I haven’t given up the fight just yet.

Cheers

Stu

User
Posted 29 Jun 2020 at 12:43

Hi Bazza

So sorry to hear the latest news. 

Like many others on here your write ups have been invaluable and helped lots while on this journey.

I’m not a cricket fan but will be rooting for you to get your wish and hope you have friends a family about albeit with these unusual COVID-19 times and bubbles.

Simon

Edited by member 29 Jun 2020 at 12:44  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 29 Jun 2020 at 15:25

Dear Bazza,

I do hope you can see your cricket soon, my son in law runs our village cricket team and is tearing his hair out because of the lockdown and can only go down to cut and roll the pitch every couple of weeks and i think golf coming back on line is his only saving grace.

I have followed you since i was diagnosed in 2016 and have great respect of your fight and help to us all on here

through thick and thin with always a good word put in by Lynn to keep us all in line.I hope you can complete the last hurdle with pain control and know we are all thinking of you.

God bless John.

User
Posted 29 Jun 2020 at 22:42

Dear Bazza,

thank you for your help, your humour, your honesty and the gift which is your writing.

I and many others I am sure will continue to revisit your musings for a good while.

Enjoy the cricket and maybe a match report or two.

God bless

Kevin

Edited by member 29 Jun 2020 at 23:01  | Reason: grammar???

User
Posted 29 Jun 2020 at 22:48

Dear Bazza

Quite simply an inspiration and your light will shine brightly in those you have affected with your honesty, integrity, emotion, and intellect. 

Take care brother in this life and the next

Carlos.

User
Posted 30 Jun 2020 at 23:10

Hi Bazza,

Without you I wouldn't have been reading  Oscar Wilde quotes.

This made me chuckle..

I don't want to go to heaven. None of my friends are there.

You have contributed considerably to this forum, much more than you may realise.

Au revoir 

Gordon

User
Posted 15 Jul 2020 at 21:55

To all the kind voices... 

I wanted to come on hear to thank you all. We haven't spoken before but I was asked by my dearest Dada (Bazza) to contact you when the time came.

He fought courageously but very sadly lost his long and torturous battle and was taken from the life that he so enjoyed on Saturday 11th July 2020. 

He didn't ask, but I wanted to thank you so much comfort you all gave him towards the end. 

He mentioned specifically either ''admin'' or Sadie or Lyn Eyre or Exbus (member)....I have not used this space before so not exactly sure who this is or if it makes sense but I know everyone's kindess and love kept him warm.

It's very hard to know exactly what words to write when I am still processing the news myself but I wanted to share this with you and wish you all much love

Bazza's Daughter (Lexi) 

P.S He made the first summer test match but missed day 5...although I'm sure would have been gutted to see the W Indies walk it!

Edited by member 15 Jul 2020 at 22:08  | Reason: Update on his wish to see the first test of the season

User
Posted 15 Jul 2020 at 22:03

My thoughts are with you at this very  sad time 🌹

Edited by member 15 Jul 2020 at 22:03  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 15 Jul 2020 at 22:04
So very very sorry Lexi , but have been waiting for news. Bazza was a massive help to me on my journey and although he wasn’t a regular on the forum for quite a while he will be missed by so very many. Strength and love to you all , and Rest In Peace friend.
User
Posted 15 Jul 2020 at 22:06

My sincere condolences to you and your family.

Your father was a tough cookie, an inspiration to many and will be a hard act to follow.

He will remembered by many.

Rest easy Bazza

Roger
User
Posted 15 Jul 2020 at 23:12

Lexi

So sorry to hear the sad news, he will be missed. Please accept my sincere condolences.

Rest in peace Bazza.

User
Posted 15 Jul 2020 at 23:36
So sorry to hear this news Lexi. I was only thinking about your dad today.

What a tonic he was for me when I got diagnosed.

John (Jasper)x

User
Posted 15 Jul 2020 at 23:54

Hi Lexi,

I obviously never meet your dad, however felt I had known him for years.

Take care and many thanks for posting.   

Best wishes Gordon

User
Posted 15 Jul 2020 at 23:55

So sorry to hear about your lovely dad Lexi. Please accept my condolences.

Clare

User
Posted 16 Jul 2020 at 00:32

I am so sorry to hear this news and send my sincere condolences to all your family. He was special and  it was good to talk to him. You can become fond of someone you never know. He was brave and so articulate. Look after each other. Xx

Edited by member 16 Jul 2020 at 14:48  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 16 Jul 2020 at 01:46
Lexi,

Thank you for letting us know of the sad passing of your Dad, although of course it's sad news. You are doubtless aware of the affection members of this forum felt tor him. My condolences.

y

Barry
User
Posted 16 Jul 2020 at 06:47

Hi Lexi,

So sad to hear of your Dads passing he was a lovely man that had a great way with words that helped comfort a lot of us but also a great sense of humour that we all loved,Thank you for letting us know.

Regards John.

User
Posted 16 Jul 2020 at 07:13
Lexi,

So sorry to hear your sad news.

Regards Barbara. xxxxxxx

User
Posted 16 Jul 2020 at 07:21

Dear Lexi, so sorry to read this.

Bazza was a legend, his positivity, belief and longevity with this disease gave me hope when I first came to this site nearly 6 years ago.  I know he struggled with many things in the last few months but now I believe is resting in peace for eternity.

User
Posted 16 Jul 2020 at 07:37
So sorry Lexi. Such a sad loss for this forum and even more so for you and your family.

RIP Bazza

Cheers

Bill

User
Posted 16 Jul 2020 at 07:52

R.I.P Bazza
Thoughts at this sad time to all of his family .
Debby

Edited by member 16 Jul 2020 at 08:16  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 16 Jul 2020 at 07:59

Dear Lexi,

So sorry to hear your lovely Dada, Bazza, has passed.  My condolences to you all at this very sad time.

Rest in Peace Bazza.

Thinking of you all.

Ange x

User
Posted 16 Jul 2020 at 08:07
Sorry to hear the sad news Lexi although it was not of course unexpected. Many of us here have been inspired by his postings. It seems rather strange feeling almost in tears over somebody who one has never met. Rest in peace Bazza.

Dave

User
Posted 16 Jul 2020 at 09:03

Dear Lexi, so sorry to hear your Dad, Bazza, has passed.

My condolences to you and your family.

Glad he managed to see some of the test match.

Ido4

User
Posted 16 Jul 2020 at 09:15

Very sad to hear - dear Bazza. Rest in peace Spartacus!

Flexi