I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Post biopsy lump

User
Posted 28 Jun 2020 at 14:19

My husband has just been diagnosed with Prostate cancer Gleason 8( 4+4) . He had an MRI followed by Biopsy and CT . There was an interval of about a month between the biopsy and CT . As all node is shown on the CT outside the capsule in the site of the cancer , that was not there on the MRI. It was either missing on the MRI, the cancer has extended , it is a result of trauma from the biopsy, or is a node from the lymph glands . Has anyone else experienced this? 

User
Posted 28 Jun 2020 at 22:16
I think there was some auto correction of your post as it doesn't make sense.

You may have been trying to say that a suspicious node has been spotted on the CT scan? Re your suggestions of possible explanations, a node is a lymph node - there are many lymph nodes in the pelvic area. The CT scan looks at a wider area than the MRI. It is unlikely that the biopsy could damage a lymph node.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 29 Jun 2020 at 11:57

I don't quite know what you're asking either - some words missing?

I seem to recall being told lymph nodes show up much better in CT scans than MRI scans. I had a radiologist go through my MRI scan with me, and he was pointing out the lymph nodes, which I could barely see even with his finger pointing on the screen.