I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Seizure after chemotherapy

User
Posted 08 Jul 2020 at 17:19

My husband Is 60 and has possible advanced prostate cancer (Bone scans were inconclusive).  A few days after third chemotherapy he collapsed or had a seizure after feeling unwell and having a low temperature.  
A CT scan at A and E,showed nothing, but neurologist wants an MRI and has banned him from driving for 6 months.  This is understandable but means no independence.

As a precaution his oncologist has halted chemotherapy and requested a new bone scan and CT scan to see if he can go to radiotherapy.  But it just seems to be one thing after another.

Has anyone else suffered a seizure during chemotherapy? We feel a bit alone on this.

Thank you 

User
Posted 08 Jul 2020 at 18:01

I am sorry this happened but hope he will be OK. My oh frightened me by " collapsing " by the breakfast table. It turned out after paramedics came that his bp was dangerously low as he had not been taken off bp tablets he took whilst on arberatitone.

I feared a stroke, as symptoms were similar to things I had seen in family but luckily it wasn't.

Hope all will be well for you both.

User
Posted 08 Jul 2020 at 18:10
Hello and thank you for replying.

Yes they are very good at frightening us! I feared a stroke too as he was very confused afterwards, but thankfully no. And the paramedics made us laugh saying oh had the blood pressure of a teenager!

Best wishes to you both.