I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Low grade bladder tumor

User
Posted 19 Jul 2020 at 18:02

Hello, my father was diagnosed with bladder tumor last year. He is 57 years old and leads an active, healthy life. He has had three scraping laser surgeries and each time the results were that it was low grade bladder tumor, the first time it was Ta and the second and third time T1. Now the doctors recommend bladder removal surgery, because although the cancer has not spread to other organs it has almost completely overtaken the bladder. 

If you have or had similar diagnosis, what solution did you make and what do you recommend? 

What should we expect from the Bladder removal surgery?

Are there any medications that are effective in preventing it from spreading or of escaping surgery completely? 

I came across a prostate medication ‘Prostero’ and the review was very good. Has anyone used it and is it effective? Or can you recommend any other effective medications? 

Also I should mention that my father was not given any kind of medication either before or after the scraping surgeries. 

Thank you! 

User
Posted 19 Jul 2020 at 22:30

Hi Erza, I think you will need to join a bladder cancer forum to get the answers you are seeking; generally speaking the men on here who have cancer in their bladder don't have bladder cancer- they have prostate cancer that has spread. So the treatments are different.

Prostero is an unproven alternative treatment for benign (non cancerous) enlargement of the prostate - it does not treat bladder cancer and it is very important that your dad tells the doctors before he takes any supplements or alternative remedies.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 19 Jul 2020 at 22:37

Thank you for the reply and the advise. 
Because prostate and bladder cancer are related i thought there would be information for both on the same forum, but i guess you’re right i should look for a bladder cancer forum. 

Thank you and best of wishes

User
Posted 20 Jul 2020 at 13:25
Hi, prostate and bladder cancer are not related.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard